Chinabrands app and inventory syncing

Trailblazer
151 8 31

So I'm using the Chinabrands app, and having issues with the accurate syncing of inventory.  When I make a product from CB available in my store, even though the stock/inventory of the Admin product page contains more than 0 for the product, it is showing "Sold Out" in the store!  Why would this be happening?  I tried changing my location from my address to Chinabrands (with only the city, province, and country), and then in the variant of a product (even if there's one only) I make CB the location that stocks the product.  This doesn't work either.  In fact, I have to return to the CB app, look up the product, and get the correct inventory/stock count for each variant and enter that data in the variant table of the product's admin page.  It's a major hassle, and too slow operating the store accurately.  Any suggestions or information about how to set the correct stock location and auto-update the inventory/stock counts?  Is there an app that does it right?

0 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 31

I found it.  The problem is my default active location is my address, not the Chinabrands shipping from address.  Each product I push to the store gets placed under my address as the active location at which inventory/stock is tracked.  So I have to change it for each product to Chinabrands, which I had to make a location for in the admin settings, and which is also incomplete in address information.  Then I have to enter each inventory amount either in the bulk editor or the variant editor, and the product is then placed in the Inventory feed which is accessible via the admin sidebar.  Why does pushing from the Chinabrands import list automatically change the location from CB to my address?  How do I get rid of my address?  I'm doing dropshipping, not shipping from my address.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue and I really don't know how to fix this. Tried talking to CB chat support and the response is really vague. They said only to investigate it for upto 2 days.

How I wish you can walk me thru if you have fixed this issue by yourself.

0 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 31

Hi Empress,

Send me an email describing your problem.  I haven't fixed mine, but I think I'm close to understanding it.  If we both send CB a message with the same exact problem, then perhaps they'll respond faster.  It's Chinese New Year, so until that's over it's probably not going to get a response soon.  We may be able to solve it together.  I think Shopify doesn't understand it at all.  It's some kind of sync problem, but it also has to do with the settings on Shopify.  So describe your exact problem the best you can in an email, and I'll re-examine mine to see if it's the same.

preston42382@gmail.com

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi,

I got my own sorted and fixed. I don't know what the custome support chat
agent in Shopify did but when we did the testing it was all good now.

What happened was; I added the products in the China App brands but my
Shopify store wasn't live during that time.

So when my Shopify is now live - then I got the issue.
I deleted ALL my products that wasn't synching with the INVENTORY.
Started adding my products again and it is ALL GOOD.

Also, what I did was to Sync my Orders from the Chinabran App
ORDERS > make sure you AUTHORIZE > SHOPIFY > then SYNC,

Keep in touch!

Emely
0 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 31

I'll try that authorizing from the CB app.  I thought I did it, but it could be it was a different app I did it for.  I deactivated my default location (which was set to my home address at sign-up to Shopify), and selected to get all products inventory in the other location (Chinabrands, which I created), so it makes it easier to update inventory and doesn't show Sold Out anymore for each product.  It may not auto-update from CB though, so I'll try authorizing.  Thanks.

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi,

The agent support told me that the LOCATOIN in our Shopify Setting doesn't
have to do anything about it - it is only used to calculate shipping rate.
He never touched that part.

But yes, try that Synching part from CB App > Order Tab > Sync Order

See if it will work for you.
0 Likes