Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

I'm developing an app, in my app i have three plans,

1. free
  2. starter ($9/mo)
  3. pro ($29/mo)

When a merchant,

1) upgrades their plan by moving from a less expensive charge to a more expensive charge
or
2) downgrades their plan by moving from a more expensive charge to a less expensive charge

In above situation as a developer which type of actions i have to take,

1. I have to cancel a previous plan and activate a new plan ?
  2. Just activate a new plan and replace previous one ?
  3. I have to do any price calculation for charging merchant in both situations  or shopify manage it ?
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2495 171 376

Hi @sandip001,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This is a really great question. This is something which is out of my scope personally. What I'm going to do is move your post to the Shopify App's board where it will be more likely to get a response and the quality of the answer you need as many other app developers will be checking this board than the Shopify discussion. I hope that's ok. 

I also cross-checked your profile and saw you were Shopify Partner and assigned the Partner role to your profile. 

All the best, Nick 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like

Success.

Excursionist
59 9 12

Hey sandip001,

As a developer you don't need to do anything extra. When a customer is subscribed to a new plan, Shopify automatically cancels the previous subscription. You just need to subscribe your customer to the new plan as it was the first time.

Here's the documentation for your reference: 

https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/charging-for-your-app/guides/upgrades-and-downgrades

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
1 Like