Code entry box at checkout

Highlighted
2 0 0
Greetings Shopify community! New user here and have I think a basic question.

There are apps available to generate codes, but where do users go to submit those codes?

Are there any apps or other options for a code entry box at checkout like many high profile stores have?

For example, I want to provide a code for 10% off someone's next order, or for them to just give the code to a friend.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 16 21

Hi, @TeamShop!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

The Discounts feature built into Shopify will automatically add a code entry box to your Online Store checkout. On mobile, you'll need to tap "Show order summary" to find the code entry box. On desktop, it will look something like this:

26-24-ittm3-tw72v

You can use Shopify's discounts feature to create a percentage discount like 10% off your order. Even if you're using one of the third-party apps for discounts to provide advanced features for your promotions, your customer will still be using this code entry box in the checkout. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about the code entry box or how to create a discount code.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Ah, silly me! I should have seen this, apologies for the question. Thank you for the description!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 16 21

Not a problem! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions :)

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes