Company name is WRONG in two important locations.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Everyone, Thanks for helping.

My old business NAME1 was changed almost two years ago and it still is appearing on people credit card statements. It is also appearing in most apps back-end when, for instance, someone is signing up for my growth hero affiliate app. It is very confusing to customers and affiliate partners to see my old, completely different, business name. 

YES, I have change all the general settings for the store to NAME2 and double checked every single possible place NAME1 could be reflected. Nothing is showing the NAME1, so it must be embedded somewhere in the code. I am aware that I can'd change NAME1.myshopify.com, but I was told the public would never see NAME1 when I changed my store name and domain. THIS WAS NOT TRUE and it has haunted me ever since.

Also, it is so frustrating that I cannot contact Shopify over the phone to discuss this with them, it is really impacting my business. Ok, I'll stop ranting now.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
137 2 22

Hi @steele-henry ,

So, if I understand the situation correctly; you changed your store's name and that new name isn't being reflected in a lot of the third-party Shopify apps that you use?

You've changed your name on Shopify and as such, this should be reflected in their databases. But, this doesn't necessarily mean your app's company databases have that change. The two are completely different. A lot of apps use the Shopify databases in their everyday functions, but they also keep their own (as requesting data from Shopify for every single action wouldn't really work).

My advice would be to reach out to the individual app developers and ask for it to be changed. It should actually be a super easy task on their end.

Hope that helps,

Oli

——————————

Founder @ www.preproduct.io

Test and make sales for future products

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 33

Hi @steele-henry,

It sounds like your payment gateway is still using your old name.

If you are using Shopify payments have you tried contacting Shopify support?

I know they are little more difficult to reach at the moment but I was able to reach them in an online chat yesterday quite quickly.

With regards to the apps, it sounds like the apps you are using do not have the functionality to update the name automatically.

If there is not a setting in the app to update it, you will need to reach out to the developer of each app and ask them to update it manually. You can get support by clicking Get support on the relevant app listed in the apps section of your Shopify admin.

Best regards,

Asa @Appifiny

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
0 Likes