Connecting shopify to Etsy

Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1048 72 171

Hey, @LaceyTwistedL.

Tira here to help.

Thanks so much for your feedback and store URL. I’m happy to see you have a workaround, and I’ve forwarded your feedback to our developers.

Since you mentioned you haven’t been making enough sales, I suggest taking a look at this blog post: Make Your First Sale in 30 Days for some ways to gain free traffic to your store, how to use paid promotions, and outreach amongst other tips to call in sales to your business. One of my favourite ideas is joining a community to build authentic connections with your target audience, and once you’ve built enough rapport, you can share a link to your store with perhaps a discount code

I’d love to know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LaceyTwistedL
2 0 1

Hi Tira, 

This is a side gig for now, so I'm making the sales I expected to make for a side job. That being said, it will not support all the extra expense of adding app after app to make something work.... That should ALREADY be an integration... I can't help but think that Shopify sees Etsy as competition and therefore will not make it a priority to make the integration easy for either set of customers. The way the world is today, everyone should be doing all they can do to make the business of making money EASY for their customers, and I include Shopify in that statement. We're moving from our own wholesale website and Etsy retail to Shopify for wholesale, while retaining Etsy for retail. We also have our inventory in a multi vendor brick and mortar that uses Clover. Fortunately, we can set that up as a different warehouse for shipping purposes, but integrating a Clover connection so all three would be correct would be ideal. It would be nice if y'all would make it easy to keep the inventory straight over various locations and platforms. 

khadjtaieb
2 0 1

Hi @Tira , 

With the overwhelming amount of demand for this feature; are you able to share with us if this is being remotely considered for the near future / on the roadmap? Mostly attempting to set some expectations. 

I believe it's totally acceptable to say this isn't on the roadmap for the time being, compared to some other capabilities being worked on.

Thanks,  

MIW
1 0 0

Hi Tira,
I would like to link my Etsy shop to Shopify for several reasons.  The primary reason would be so that I can ship Etsy orders in the Shopify admin and take advantage of the discounted UPS rates. The apps that I have checked out so far seem to be overly complicated and buggy.

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1048 72 171

Thanks for letting me know, @LaceyTwistedL. I appreciate your additional feedback and I understand that having an Etsy integration between the different platforms you’re currently using would make a huge impact on your store. I have added this to your feedback to our developers to that they are aware. Again, I appreciate your thoughts! 

Thanks for chiming in and for the follow-up, @khadjtaieb. While we don’t have an update on this that I can provide, I can assure you that our developer team is aware that several merchants have requested an Etsy integration to Shopify. The more merchants that request a certain feature, the more our developers can understand how we can help you and all of our merchants improve our platform.

If we move forward with this feature, we will let all of our merchants know through the changelog or our announcements page.

Cheers,

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1048 72 171

Hey, @MIW.

Tira here. 

Thanks for your feedback and these details, I have passed them along to our developer team to be aware of for this Etsy integration.  If you wouldn't mind sharing, how do you currently ship your products? 

Let me know and I can add this to your feedback, too. 

0 Likes
Bimms
Shopify Partner
68 2 10

@Steve_Clark Do you want to import reviews from Etsy for your Shopify products? This app allows you can import reviews from Etsy and display on your Shopify store: https://apps.shopify.com/ryviu 

0 Likes