Connection issues with Snapchat ads

shades1995
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi, I tried to connect snapchat ads to my shopify store but it doesn't work. Can someone help ? No button is showing up to connect

Capture d’écran 2021-05-05 à 10.46.13.png

Replies 4 (4)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @shades1995.

Tira here to help.

Thanks so much for providing your screenshot, I appreciate it. The blurred out text in your screenshot does not look good, and should look like this: 

21-05-5u14q-emjl5

Let's go through some troubleshooting steps and some questions together to resolve this for you:

1) I recommend uninstalling the Snapchat Ads app, and then reinstalling the app to see if that helps to reset the app's connection to your store, making the button and text appear. Here's a link to our App Store for the Snapchat Story Ads app.

2) When did you notice this happening? 

3) Does this happen with any other apps, or was this the first time you noticed this?

Typically, as Snapchat Ads is a third-party sales channel, it would be supported directly by Snapchat. This looks like an issue within the Shopify admin, so before I send you over to Snapchat support, let's determine if that's the factor here. 

I'm looking forward to your answers! Once I have them, we can go over the next steps. 

Chat soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

shades1995
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi Tira, 
Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. 

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times. It hasn't changed anything .. 

It didn't happened with any other app. And I noticed it straight after I closed my personal snapchat account to create a professional account. 

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks @shades1995 for the additional details. I'm happy that I could take a look and I appreciate you doing your own troubleshooting on this.

I forwarded the new information you provided me to our technical team, and we recommend reaching out to Snapchat. I linked their email in my post earlier, I suggest reaching out to them directly for help as they fully support this sales channel. As a suggestion, you can copy and paste the URL of this thread and send it to them so that they have some information to work with to provide you with guidance.

Please keep the community and myself updated of what happens. 

Cheers,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

RocBigBox
Visitor
1 0 0

I also encountered the same problem, contacted Snapchat customer service, they said it was shopify's problem, I repeatedly deleted the app several times but no effect