We would like a contact form which adds user to newsletter mailing list (if they check a box of course, want to stay legal)
Currently using ActiveCampaign for our newsletter, so ideally they would be added there, but even added to our Shopify (potential) customers would be good and I have an integration for that through an app.
One way of going about it is creating a custom form (using Wufoo or Jotform or even Google forms - see links below), and then having that form platform perform the addition to ActiveCampaign by itself.
Another way would be to create a form that posts to some server yourself, then having that server do the API call to add that customer to ActiveCampaign. This seems like a bit of an overkill though.
One more way - use some middleman service like Zapier (see link below), that ties these types of services together.
A fourth way would be to use an app that does this whole shebang for you. I could dig one up from the store, but take a look at the custom integrations I've mentioned above before, especially on the first option, since they're (I think) the most native way to do it. If you get stuck talk to me, I'll see what I can do.
Wufoo with ActiveCampaign
JotForm with ActiveCampaign
Google Forms with ActiveCampaign
Shopify with ActiveCampaign using Zapier
Not sure I follow @natureprovides. What is the new customer side of things in this context? What form are you using to add a new customer?
The normal way of chaining actions in Zapier is multi-step Zaps - https://zapier.com/learn/getting-started-guide/multi-step-zaps/.
If you'd like to go that route, I'd explore whether you can extend your Zap to a multi-step one in the following order:
1. When a customer fills out a FormStack form, they are added to Shopify customers (first step in Zap - like inhttps://zapier.com/apps/formstack/integrations/shopify). You can see the guide here - https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019521611-Embed-your-form-into-a-Shopify-Page - on how to embed a FormStack form into a Shopify store. Note that I've used FormStack instead of JotForm or Wufoo since they simply have a better integration guide, but the same process should be applicable to the former two too.
2. When a customer is added to Shopify customers, they are also added to mailing list (second step in Zap - like in https://zapier.com/apps/shopify/integrations/activecampaign).
This should solve your problem, but cost you at least 20 USD a month in Zapier costs (assuming < 325 signups a month) or more ( > 325 signups a month).
Depending on your ActiveCampaign membership, I would do one of three things:
1. If you are on a lite ActiveCampaign lite membership (9.99 USD a month if paid yearly), and expect < 325 signups a month, I'd use Zapier and total 29.99 USD a month to make this thing happen.
2. If you are on lite and expect > 325 signups a month, consider upgrading to Plus since you'll need it soon. If you choose not to upgrade, Zapier jumps in price to 49.99 USD.
3. If you are already on Plus, I'd use ActiveCampaign's own Deep Data Integration - https://help.activecampaign.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000202150 - which is a bit of a hassle to set up, but comes bundled in your plan for free.
Does any of this makes sense? If you'd like to talk some numbers we could of course do it privately, as well.
|2 hours ago|
|6 hours ago|
|6 hours ago|