Count Inventory with Barcode Scanner

Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 7

Hi Steve,

We are using the barcodes assigned by Shopify and printing them using the Dymo printer Shopify is compatible with.  So I believe a product export could easily generate the CSV file you need.

Getting the staff to use their personal phones for scanning might be a little more difficult, but we're open to it.  We're about half iPhone and half Android users.  Will that be an issue?

Thanks!

Amanda

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 7

Hi Jackson,

Yes, I've seen it, but the pricing seems excessive for the simple task we hope to accomplish - counting product by scanning instead of relying on our eyes (which can play tricks if something was accidentally put back in the wrong location).  I realize skuvault does a lot of other things, but I'm not sure we really need all those other things.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Amanda

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Amanda, thanks for the reply.

Seems like perhaps Shopify dev team has a lot on its plate.

It really doesn't matter too much whether you use a mobile (iphone or android) or you use a regular barcode scanner connected to a device with internet access. 

You scan the barcode into a web based form, and then you can input if you want to add or subtract more than one unit.

This goes into a database with your inventory.  We have not integrated it with Shopify inventory since we don't know what the demand for something like this is....

Cheers,

Steve Kohler

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Steve,

Where can I learn more about this cell-phone based system? 

-Tancy

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

Tancy, sorry for the delay in answering your question.  I have such a system, but it is used outside the Shopify community.  Can you give me an idea of wht other packages you have looked at so I can put together a quick demo that takes into consideration what others currently offer?  I guess the big player in this space would be StitchLabs, so I am not sure if they have something already, if it is too expensive too, complex, or what....any direction you can give me is helpful. 

On a basic level, the system allows you to print a barcode label....which I think Shopify does already....or there is an app for it....see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rhkL6SbyZg from David Lazar.  Then the front-end of the system is a Web-app useable on a iphone, android that scans one or more barcoded items, with sub-second delays between multiple scans.  The frond-end communicates with a back end database on my servers set up for inventories multi-variant items like apparel, that can be located in multiple locations.  Anyhow....if OK, please give me your direct email address, so we can discuss further.  Thanks.  Steve Kohler

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Steve,

We really haven't had time to look at much yet; we know what we need to accomplish, but trying to find the right app (or whatever) is kind of a nightmare when you have an odd niche industry AND very little spare time.

I would like to hear what you have to offer. Please email stlmarinesolutions@gmail.com.

Thank you!

Tancy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 7

Ditto what Tancy said @Steve Kholer.  You can reach me at info@remixvintageshoes.com.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Amanda

Did you ever find a solution to your problem, I am also looking for a simple app which I can use to scan QR codes and allows me to add a quantity.?

I have used :-

Barcode x The Real Inventory & Document Preparation Scanner which is available free from the App store.

Kind Regards

Davis

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have been looking for an app or something that would let me scan each of my items in stock and then validate my Shopify inventory.  It sounds like some of y'all are looking for the same.  Please let me know if you have found anything.  I think I'm in the same boat as you Amanda, I have seen some of the inventory management apps out there, but they are very expensive for what I would like to do/use.

Thanks, Leslie

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

anything on this yet? its been a year shopify 

0 Likes