Coupon code doesn't work

Highlighted
3 0 2

When I try to apply a coupon, it says "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart". Will appreciate your help.

1.png2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello 

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 2

I didn't know customer had to add the discounted item for the coupon to take effect. Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted

Yes, customer need to add the product which is discounted then only discount applies to product.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
40 1 35

I am sorry but that looks like a bug on side of Shopify that needs to be fixed ASAP. The title of the current implementation of ”Buy X and get Y” is just misleading. A better title would be: "Buy X and Y and then get Y".

I have a campaign running that says "Get a free gift with any purchase with discount code ABC". I used “Buy X get Y” to get a specific product for free if any product of a collection "All Products" has been added.

Now my inbox is flooded with customers asking why the discount code is not valid. It took me an hour of debugging until I found out that the gift already needs to be in the basket before the discount can be applied. That is just unintuitive in every way. Numerous merchants have stated this problem for years and nothing has been done by Shopify. Thank you very much :-(

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 1 4

BUMP ^^^^

I totally agree 
I wanted to promote an offer for BUY x GET y pre-fathers day
"spend $100 get $25 Gift Card for Dad" 

My older demographic are NOT wise enough to then go and find the gift cards and add them to cart

It needs to be an AUTO-TRIGGER>ADD-to-cart

Please advise us as to why this is not viable 

Kind Regards
Judd
ETL

0 Likes