Create reports with the Data Studio connector for Shopify

Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Michael, glad to hear you can add discounts. It would be ideal to have refunds somehow as well, otherwise our data will never match the Shopify interface.

Apparently its not possible either to take the Sessions data either through APIs, do you know if it possible somehow?

Thanks for your work!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Michael, any idea when you can get discounts and refunds integrated?

thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Hi there,

I added Net Sales, Tax, Shipping, Discounts, Open/Closed, Active/Cancelled Orders. Just refresh the fields in the connection.

I also added refunds to the connector. Note that refunds are attached to orders. For example, if you process a refund today for an order that was placed a few days ago, and you run a Data Studio report for today, the refund will not be listed in the report.

Let me know what you think!

Michael

0 Likes
18 0 0

Hi, sorry I didn't know where to contact you for a request.

I would like to create Vendor sales reports with your Data Studio connector, but I don't see any VENDOR field. Is that something you can add?

Thanks,

Enrique

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Thanks Enrique,

I added Vendor to the connector.

Michael

0 Likes
18 0 0
Awesome, thanks! I'll probably will need a couple more variables, but I'm
not sure yet. I'm new to DataStudio.

One quick question. In layman's terms, should I worry about Shopify Api
calls limits?

Thanks,

Enrique
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

You can just leave the defaults and see if that works for you. The data goes straight and live from the Shopify API to Data Studio, so if you have 1000s of orders that have to be paginated through, it's possible that something will fail if the data gets too large or it takes too long. 

I can add fields if they are in the Order API response.

Good luck trying it out!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Michael, thanks alot for the updates! Where can I contact you directly as I am using your connector and seeing different numbers from my Shopify account.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

You can reach me at info@analyticsbuddy.com - if you do see discrepancies please double-check that your timezone settings in the connector are the same as the timezone in your Shopify admin.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Michael, thanks for the connector, do you think it is possible to modify the names of the products for a better visualization?

Thanks!

0 Likes