Creating a one time redeemable coupon for a regular item when someone buys a sample pack

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi world!

We have a fairly unique item that either comes in a x50 or x100 case size.  We'd like to be able to sell a small sample pack of x5 for a few dollars + shipping and either 1) offer the buyers of the sample pack a $10 discount on their next order of the regular sized case or 2) maybe we'd offer free ground shipping on their next order of our regular sized case.

I've taken a look around the app store but I didn't notice anything that could do this.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi UIM,

Shopify allows you to create coupon code that can be redeemed only once.

I imagine that you would you want the discount code to be created and sent automatically to the customer?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Working towards being a Guru.
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thanks Beny.  Yes, that what we would like to have happen.  They purchase the sample pack, and in an email (maybe in the purchase confirmation/receipt email, maybe the shipping email, that a one time "coupon" code is given to them that they can apply to the purchase of one of the two larger configuration products.  Did I miss that Shopify can do this natively?

Thanks

0 Likes