Currency converter popup based on geolocation

Prem_Eswara
Tourist
13 0 2

Hello everyone,

Is there an app that will allow a popup and request the user to change the currency based on geolocation?

my site is currently set to CAD as a default and the user will have to manually click on the top right of the site to change the currency. However, what I would like to do is if someone from let's say the United kingdom visits my site I would like a pop-up that would indicate that to them and ask them if they would like to change the currency.

Similar to www.nordgreen.com

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 3.42.11 PM.png

Replies 4 (4)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @Prem_Eswara 

Bucks Currency converter is the app you want to check out. It supports automatic conversion based on their geolocation. best of all, it's free to use! Feel free to see the app in action, here.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Prem_Eswara
Tourist
13 0 2

Thanks for the your suggestion.

is there one that allows a popup? Ideally i am looking for an app that will pop up based on geolocation and suggest the currency in that specific location.

AliReviews
Shopify Partner
773 89 353

Maybe what you are looking for is Geolocation - Free app made by Shopify.

Not sure why you need to have a pop-up, but Transcy app can help to automatically change currency based on visitor's country which I think would be much more convenience.

- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Ali Reviews - The must-have Shopify app that empowers you to effortlessly collect, display, and manage product reviews.
- Start your FREE trial today!

thatonecodekid
4 0 0

Hi, I would recommend this module: https://apps.shopify.com/currency-converter-plus-1