Custom coding using Shogun page builder

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi Shopify community,

We are using the Jumpstart theme with some pages that we entierely built using Shogun which totally fit our needs; this is a great app which complement very well Shopify in matter of page customization.

However, in order to enhance the CX of our shop, we have to make couple of custom coding and it seems that Shogun will override by default a part of those changes. We were wondering if some other Shogun users already went through this.

1. Using the Jumpstart theme, the header overlaped a part of the content element by default. We fixed this by switching the position from absolute to relative in the CSS to force the content to be pushed down. However it seems that this modification is override on pages built using Shogun. Does someone already faced / fixed this?

2. Our store being monoproduct, we are looking to redirect customers to trigger a redirect to the checkout page rather than on the cart page to increase our CVR. We found a workaround by implementing a custom code in the form located the product.template.liquid (below); it does work on product pages built on Shopify but not on the ones built using Shogun. Does anyone faced a similar situation and would have eventually manage to solve this?

<div class="form__column{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} form__column--shopify-payment-btn{% endif %}">
  <label>&nbsp;</label>
  <button type="submit" name="add" id="AddToCart-{{ section.id }}" class="btn btn--fill btn--regular btn--color{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} btn--shopify-payment-btn btn--secondary-accent{% endif %}">
  <span id="AddToCartText-{{ section.id }}">{{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t }}</span>
  </button>
  <input type="hidden" name="return_to" value="/checkout" />
  {% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %}
  {{ form | payment_button }}

3. We are trying to implement color swatches for our product variants "colors" but couldn't make it work, probably for the same reasons.

We would be very grateful to hear from some Shogun users who have been facing similar situations and managed to fix this.

Thanks
Julien
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
273 22 42

I have not used Shogun, But for Number 2, try using "{{url}}/checkout/"

It might work for you.  Also being a mono product, you could change the button using prefilled carts code as well to go to checkout instead.  https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/cart/use-permalinks-to-preload-cart

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
482 86 130

Shogun doesn't have anything with coding, it is  just a drag and drop tool which makes the site codes dirty and heave, so  I don't think any developer will agree to go into shogun generated codes.

And if you are using monoproduct and need custom design, then hire a good developer who will convert your desired design into clean and fast working HTML codes and integrate it into your theme.

Author: Hovhannes Sargsyan (aka sarhov).
An individual web developer focused on Shopify development.
Need more help? Feel free to send me a direct message or drop an email shopify@sarhov.com

Email: shopify@sarhov.com
Telegram: @sarhov
Try Shopify free for 14 days,
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

It's actually possible, as shogun generates it's own form and code, you need to add some JS into that and it can auto populate the return form.

I would agree that it's best to design you own page, however if you are on  small budget, or don't have developers and team, then shogun can be a good alternative, as you grow I'd move towards a custom solution.

It's rather simple all you do is find the form with cart add and add a hidden input to it using javascript on page load.

That works like a charm, best of luck.

I know I'm a little late to the party, so this might not be helpful for you but maybe for others.

0 Likes