Custom digital product

2 0 0

Hi!

I want to sell a custom printed item, and in the check out i want to offer the customer if he would like to also buy the art file.

Wanted result: 

After the customer completed the purchase with the art file added to cart, An Email is sent to him with the custom art file that was printed on his product.

How can i do it?
Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 17 39

Hey, there!

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team and I can offer some suggestions here for you.

We have a handful of app integrations available and I recommend looking and trialing them to see which best fits your business needs. They work by allowing your customer to immediately download their file following their purchase and receiving an email with a link. 

The apps that offer this are: 

1. Digital Downloads: This free app by Shopify offers a simple way to sell digital products in your store. Upon purchase, customers can download their file immediately and receive a link in their email.

2. SendOwl: SendOwl can help with some more complex needs and comes with a variety of features and useful automation, like expiring links and auto-generated license keys to help power your products.

3. FetchApp: FetchApp has fewer features than SendOwl, but offers a free plan available (5MB of storage) and gives you the ability to attach multiple files to a single product.

4. Sky Pilot: This app is ideal for building a membership program, letting you sell files or exclusive video streams to customers. Customers can then access all of their previously purchased files through their own customer accounts.

Consider taking advantage of the trial periods to play around and test the individuals apps and see which one suits you best. 

How are you finding the platform so far? Are you running into any instances where you'd like a hand or need some advice? Let me know! Also, Check out this resourceful blog for getting started selling digital assets.

All the best,

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

How do i set it up here so nothing will be sent to my customer until i upload the right file and approve the order?

Where do i manage the order? (edit the file and approve the order)

And thank you so much for the thorough answer :) 

Annotation 2019-12-01 063047.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 17 39

I'm happy to help! 

Here's our full support document on Shopify's Digital Download app to help you learn and navigate the features. You can manage the order by clicking the Orders tab. You can also view a tutorial video here if you prefer.

I recommend running a handful of test orders before going live as well just to make sure it's all running as you'd expect. Also, be sure to bookmark our launch checklist and go through the list to make sure everything is ready to go! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes