CustomCat Shipping

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi. I am making the move re: my POD supplier, from Printful to Customcat.

With Printful, the shipping was totally automated by the Printful app. No input was required from me.

With CustomCat, it appears that I need to set it up from scratch. This is CustomCat's official instruction on the matter:   https://blog.customcat.com/expedited-shipping . Scroll down to the "Shipping: Shopify" section. These instructions are so lacking in any detail that they are useless, and I can't find any information on the entire internet that makes sense! None of CustomCats YouTube tutorials seem to cover this issue.

It makes me wonder why no one else is asking this question, as it's such an integral part of using customcat! Am i missing something?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks! :-)

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Were you able to find an answer to this? I am in the same boat. Following Customcat's steps, when you click on Add Rate in Shopify's settings it gives you the option to "set up your own rates" or "use carrier or app to calculate rates". Are you supposed to select the "use carrier or ap to calculate rates" option? If you then select UPS from the drop down, there is a list of the different options, but no option for UPS Surepost, which Customcat says is what they use for economy. Is that supposed to be "standard"?

What about all the pre-filled shipping info (expedited and standard) Shopify starts you off with? Do you delete that?

And when using a POD like Customcat that doesn't integrate their shipping info into Shopify, how do you change the shipping location from your address (or Printful's) to Customcat's? They allow you to remove the location, but there is no add button.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same here!  Can't figure it out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I came across this tutorial on the Printify site, which answers all my questions I think. My issue is that I am transitioning from Printful, who's app completely integrated all shipping. The app created all the shipping profiles, zones and rates for you. Anyway CustomCat leaves the whole thing to you, and doesn't give any instruction.

This is the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJpySlhqO4&index=5&list=PLWx63Do0bEXNvDGqgdSZVr_PsBa_G0HZJ

Hope it helps.

0 Likes