Solved

Customer Upload Custom Artwork Prints

hendrickandco
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there,

My name is David and I am the founder of Hendrick & Co. We create products that support over 600 animal nonprofits across the globe. We have raised over 3,000,000 in donations.

But I am creating a separate project from my company. I am an artist and I create portraits for customers. I then put the artwork I create for them on canvas from Printify. Now that I am finally putting this together I need your guidance.

The workflow I created is
Step 1) Customer uploads photo
Step 2) They chose what canvas they want (Printify)
Step 3) Checkout
Step 4) I create the artwork and wait for artwork approval from customer
Step 5) once approved I send the order through Printify who handles the production

I have seen a huge success with my other company Hendrick & Co. and I know I can create this new company to do the same. But, customer upload is brand new to me and I have no idea what I am doing here. I love using Printify to create the canvas but any help would be appreciated on how to achieve this.

I did see Upload‑Lift and Uploadery in the app store but I am not sure if this is the best fit on what I am trying to achieve. Thank you!
Accepted Solution (1)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @hendrickandco!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out around this.

Depending on how comfortable you are with coding, we do have a guide that walks you through step by step how to add custom fields to your products pages. You can check it out here: https://bit.ly/2ZchoHE. Keep in mind that this does require you to edit some of the stores coding. As such, it's not supported by Shopify, meaning we're not able to fix it if something goes wrong. Whilst the guide does walk you through step by step, please keep that in mind. If you're unsure, I'd recommend duplicating your theme first and trying the customisation there so it does not affect your live store if something does go wrong. You can have up to 20 themes downloaded at any given time. If you choose this option, as you're changing the code yourself, you won't be out of pocket at all.

If the above option isn't right for you, then our next two options are Shopify Experts and Apps. Shopify Experts is a marketplace of developers who partner with Shopify. You can browse experts from different areas as well as post a job for experts to provide you quotes on. This is a paid service, but unlike apps, it's a one-off charge, rather than a monthly cost.

For apps, you likely won't find an app that just adds a text box. This will be why you're finding apps with many features. With that being said, if custom coding and experts aren't for you, I'd recommend checking out Uploadery. Although it does come with a monthly charge, it's a great app that I use in my own store. It allows you to add a text box, and also upload images and files. If you're looking at something cheaper, Infinite Options is also a great option by the same company that makes Uploadery.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @hendrickandco!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out around this.

Depending on how comfortable you are with coding, we do have a guide that walks you through step by step how to add custom fields to your products pages. You can check it out here: https://bit.ly/2ZchoHE. Keep in mind that this does require you to edit some of the stores coding. As such, it's not supported by Shopify, meaning we're not able to fix it if something goes wrong. Whilst the guide does walk you through step by step, please keep that in mind. If you're unsure, I'd recommend duplicating your theme first and trying the customisation there so it does not affect your live store if something does go wrong. You can have up to 20 themes downloaded at any given time. If you choose this option, as you're changing the code yourself, you won't be out of pocket at all.

If the above option isn't right for you, then our next two options are Shopify Experts and Apps. Shopify Experts is a marketplace of developers who partner with Shopify. You can browse experts from different areas as well as post a job for experts to provide you quotes on. This is a paid service, but unlike apps, it's a one-off charge, rather than a monthly cost.

For apps, you likely won't find an app that just adds a text box. This will be why you're finding apps with many features. With that being said, if custom coding and experts aren't for you, I'd recommend checking out Uploadery. Although it does come with a monthly charge, it's a great app that I use in my own store. It allows you to add a text box, and also upload images and files. If you're looking at something cheaper, Infinite Options is also a great option by the same company that makes Uploadery.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.