Customer notifications when new products are added to my store

tslife
Excursionist
33 2 6

I'm looking for an app that will allow customers to sign up to receive alerts when new products are added to my website. 

I know that several e-commerce sites have a function like that but I'm not finding anything for this. 

Can anyone assist?

Thank you!

Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 47 138

Hey, @tslife.

Tira here to help.

I appreciate you doing some research on this. Are you looking to notify customers of every single new product that's added to your store, or for ones where the product is out of stock? Where have you looked so far?

We do have a blog post that explains how to set-up stock alerts on your store with app suggestions here: Stock Alerts: What Are They and How Can Retailers Leverage Them?

How did you want to notify your customers? Did you want to notify your customers through email, text or through a different way? 

Let me know and I can dig into some resources for you. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
tslife
Excursionist
33 2 6

@Tira 

I would like customers to be able to get alerts immediately, daily or weekly (their choice) of new items that are added to my website. This feature is available on Etsy - if a customer "follows" you, they get notifications whenever new stock is added. 

I'm NOT looking for restock notifications. 

Ideally, they could choose their contact method: Facebook Messenger, SMS, email, or push notifications. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 47 138

Thanks for getting back to me, @tslife. That sounds like a really cool feature on Etsy. I dug into it and it looks like Etsy adds a notification on a newsfeed once someone clicks on a follow button. As Shopify allows you to have a stand alone storefront, customers don’t have a personal news feed to receive notifications and we don’t proactively send out notifications to customers when new products are added. I'm happy to pass this as feedback to our developers so that they're aware of how we can improve our platform for you and all of our merchants' success. If we move forward with this, we will update our changelog or announcements page.

As a workaround, here are some options that you can try:

1. Set-up email marketing for your store. Email marketing allows you to send an email to your customers based on your preferences, and allows you to customize content so that you can cater it to your brand and message. Shopify Email is our in-house email marketing tool that you can use to send out emails to your customers. You can learn more about it in our help docs here: Shopify Email. We also have a detailed guide on how to create email marketing campaigns here: Learn Email Marketing: Everything from List Building to Advanced Lifecycle Automation.
  2. Posting updates to social media - Kit is an automated marketing assistant that can help you promote your products over social media. You can use it to post updates to your social media channels (Facebook and Instagram) and with email marketing. I recommend using this to post new products to your social media, and customers who are following you on social media can see your new products. Check out our help doc on how to set this up here: Posting updates on social media with Kit.
  3. Use an app from our App Store - There are several apps that can help you send customized notifications to your customers. I recommend taking a look at Notifier ‑ Push Notifications by Softpulse Infotech which can push welcome notifications, price drop alerts, and targeted marketing campaigns to your audience. For similar apps, check out our list on our App Store here: Notification Apps. These apps are created by third-party developers, for any questions, please reach out directly to the third-party developer by using the information underneath the "Support" section of the app's page.

Are you transitioning from Etsy to Shopify? If you are, I recommend taking a look at our migration help doc here to help you get started and settled in: Migrating from Etsy to Shopify.

Have you tried any of these methods before?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ParisaMosadegh
1 0 0

Hi
Hope you're great.

One option is to use the Restock Alerts app. 
Here is the link: 
https://apps.shopify.com/restock-alert

0 Likes
tslife
Excursionist
33 2 6

@ParisaMosadegh 

Please re-read my message again. I do NOT need restock alerts. 

0 Likes
tslife
Excursionist
33 2 6

@Alphha_team 

The link is non-functional. Please provide a website link. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Adithya_Kavulur
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hey @TS , 

Unfortunately, we could not find an existing solution for allowing a customer to follow a store. We are working on an app specific to "Follow" for one of our clients has the same issue. So we are building an app for the community as a whole. Let me know if you want to chat further. 

Chat soon! 

0 Likes
tslife
Excursionist
33 2 6

@Adithya_Kavulur 

I'd like to be part of your testing program, if I could. Is there a way I can reach out outside of this forum?

0 Likes
Adithya_Kavulur
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hey @tslife , 

I could not find your email details on your profile. Could you please email me at adithya@konversionlabs.com ? 

Chat soon!

0 Likes