Customize Search Results

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

We are trying to make it so that when a potential customer searches for a product we don't have, we would like to include a specific message for them to call us directly because we can make an exact match of that product. So essentially, we just want to have a specific message or page show when someone's product search comes up empty. 

Does anyone know the code for that and where we would need to enter it? 

Thank you, 

Trevor

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 48 98

Hey there, @tmarroyo17 

Thanks for reaching out today. I also think your idea is pretty great! It's a good way to get additional customers who otherwise would leave without knowing you can do a custom product for them. 

With that said, your best bet would be to look into a product search app and see if you can manipulate the code a little bit to change the text that shows on their "No results found" page to whatever message you would like.

There is an app called Smart Product Filter & Search that has a good search function that also includes a "No results found page" when a user searches for a product that doesn't exist on the site. I can't say for certain since the app is developed by a 3rd party, but it may be worth reaching out to them on how you can go about to edit the message on the "No results found page". They offer a 21-day free trial and free plan along with several paid pricing tiers for additional features. If you would like to see their app in action, they have a demo page you can check out here

Let me know if this helps. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1783 211 370

@tmarroyo17 what theme you are running your store on?

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We are running on Theme 531 - Sun Charge

0 Likes