Customize Variant Options and Value Fields for Dimension Selection

Highlighted
1 0 0

Do you have any suggestions on how to customize variant option and value fields so that the shopper can pick from a range of available measurements. I found a merchant selling custom picture frames with this capability. The size ranges are substantial and prices are dynamic. I checked the source code and they are using Shopify. See the blue boxes on the screen captures attached to get an idea.

Fullscreen_6_16_20__5_33_PM.jpgScreen_Shot_2020-06-17_at_2_50_22_PM.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
348 25 52

Hi @AlanDerrick 

Update: Ok I think this shop is actually using an app that's creating variants within a size range. Take a look in the app store there's a bunch. I missed the part you said the prices are dynamic. Pretty sure prices are not something that can be changed on the front-end. Something like Storefront API can do that. You can do it yourself with a Private App. Ultimately I think you should install and trial some product options apps.

I believe this shop is using custom line item properties. You can find more information here: https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/line_item#line_item-properties

All you have to do is add a new form element into the cart submit form:

<p class="line-item-property__field">
  <label for="your-name">Your name</label>
  <input required class="required" id="your-name" type="text" name="properties[Your name]">
</p>

So for something like dimensions just use line_item properties. You would have thousands of variants otherwise.

Regards,

Sam - Owner

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes