Deleted Shopify Application & Cannot Reinstall?

2 0 0

Andy here, 

I recenty deleted an application known as "Store Pickup + Delivery" in the apps section of our store. 
I did this in hopes of resolving an issue we were facing. It worked, however it created another issue and I need to reinstall the application back on to the site. The problem is now that when I try to reinstall, it does not show up on the app page, instead this shows up : "

The page you’re looking for could not be found

Please make sure the web address is correct."

If anyone knows how to fix it, your advice would be most appreciated. 

Thank you for your time. 

All the best

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9807 92 1560

Hey Andy,

You might want to reach out to the app developer directly on this. Hopefully then can give you some insight into the issue.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 0 13

I have run into this same issue.  I am not sure if Shopify is storing a token on their end even after the app is removed from the shop but I cannot reinstall.  The annoying part is that I am developing an app and for the love of my I cannot get it going.  I changed my redirect_url in the settings for me app to use a non localhost address while developing and after deleting the app I can no longer reinstall. The OAuth handshake takes place and then I simply get the awesome "The page you’re looking for could not be found" error in the admin.  If anyone has ran into this before please, for the love, post how you got around it.

To handle all the oauth handshake process I am using the Shopify_App Ruby Gem

What I have tried:

1. Clearing cookies

2. Removing old shop install from app's database

3. Switching the redirect and callback urls back to localhost

4. Actually tried from a different computer even though I knew it wouldn't make a difference, and it didn't 

3 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 3

Was this ever resolved?  I'm going through the same issue right now...developing a Shopify app and deleted the app from my Dev shop and can't reinstall to save my life.

3 Likes
10 0 0

Same problem for me

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 6

same problem here, but the app was produced by SHOPIFY!

I get this error when I try to install

Intuit QuickBooks® Online

Developed by Shopify

Inline image 1

I installed it once, but removed it so I could reinstall for a different quickbooks files (for testing). But now I cannot install again. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Same Problem with Quikbooks app!! Any news?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 6

you'll just have to write shopify support. they fixed it for me. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

I am also facing the same issue with an unlisted app.

To make it work I have to reinstall it in a private browsing window. Can we safely assume the issue is with Shopify?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
11 0 3

I found what was causing the problem after uninstalling the app and re-installing it.

In the <head> part of the HTML, I had always been calling the shopify app.js script and I was calling its init function. For whatever reason, since I uninstalled and re-installed the app this was causing a redirecrtion before the Oauth protocol was complete.

Why: In the case of the EASDK you have to redirect to a page with a javascript redirection to come around the X-ORIGIN restriction. Hence, this is when the (unexpected) redirection occures and the init function quicks in.

Solution: Make sure you call the Shopify app.js init function only after the Oauth authentication is complete. (You might want to use a variable from the server for this and print this JS function in your head section only if all auth is good).

For the record this is what your script might looks like, just comment it and see if the message "The page you’re looking for could not be found" is gone for good.

<script src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/assets/external/app.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	ShopifyApp.init({
	    apiKey: '{{api_key}}',
		shopOrigin: 'https://{{shop}}.myshopify.com',
		debug: true
	});
</script>

0 Likes