Delivery Adresses

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi. We deliver all our own goods to the local community. Currently we are printing off each order individually and then inputting the delivery addresses manually into a spreadsheet to then run a route planner. This is very time consuming. Is there an app that can pull this information out of shopify? I cant find a report on shopify that can do this.

0 Likes
1 0 0
Same issue here... did you find a solution for this? I also would love to have a way that our drivers on the road could mark their orders as fulfilled. Any thing?
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
So after a lot of messing around we settled on a bit of a solution. We found an app called order printer that does allow you to print all invoices off in one go that we then use as an order picker and put into the consignment once complete.
We then use an app called easy reports to pull off all the orders for a specific time and make sure all orders we are taking out that day are left on the spreadsheet.
We then upload that data onto a routing website (optimoroute) to create a delivery route. This can be used as an app that keep the recipients updated but we don’t use that function.
We fulfill all that days orders in the morning just as the driver leaves.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 4 54

@tmfreshpro Ah, crap, I'm two days too late!

I wrote a tutorial today that could automate at least half of this process.... 

Basically, it gets all the open orders from Shopify each morning, does some data-wrangling and pushes them into a route planner. It then sends you an e-mail with a link to the route planner, that will auto-calculate the fastest route. This is all done automatically, and then you have a choice - either take the route planner's output (a map and a list of directions) or click two-three more times to push it into Google Maps (for voice navigation and a proper navigation experience).

Is that something that could be of interest to you? If so take a look here. I'd be really happy to hear if you used it in production, and please note it's customizable to fit your use case.

@bfox2718 If you also care to take a look, I think it might solve some of your problem. The "marking orders as fulfilled while on the road" can probably be created by using something like the following process (also using Integromat, like in the tutorial):

0. Add - in my tutorial - the order number in addition to the address. 
1. Create a very small form - just a single field and a "Fulfilled" button - where drivers can enter an order number
2. A filling of that form triggers a call to the Shopify Module in Integromat, that updates the order as fulfilled

I can probably create a separate tutorial on how to that, actually, if that's of interest.

BTW, here's what the roundtrip output looks like in Google Maps:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 0 0

Hi there,

We just launched EasyRoutes, the easy way to create local delivery routes, as a free app in the Shopify app store.

You can select the orders you wish to deliver, click the "Generate Route" button, and the EasyRoutes app calculates the most effective, economical route to help your drivers drop-off their deliveries as quickly as possible.

EasyRoutes uses Google Maps to optimize local delivery routes for your Shopify orders, allowing you to take advantage of Google's traffic and time-of-day data which helps you drop off your deliveries faster and more efficiently.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes