Looking for an app for customer-selected delivery slots?

WombleNumber1
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi There,

I am looking for an app that will enable a customer to select a potential delivery slot independent of the shopping cart/checkout process. An example of the functionality that I am after can be seen on https://www.waitrose.com/ (note the 'Book a slot' button next to the search bar). 

Does anyone have any experience with apps that offer this sort of functionality (i.e. a standalone button in the header of the site that enables selection of a delivery slot) - I am aware that there are lots of apps that offer delivery slot selection functionality, however these all seem to be integrated into the cart, or part of the checkout process. We would like the flow to be that the user can pick their slot first before starting shopping.

Many thanks in advance.

Replies 2 (2)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @WombleNumber1 

There are a plethora of appointment/scheduled delivery apps available in our app store. As far as a delivery slot app that is similar to the example you shared, I would recommend Tipo Appointment Booking by Tipo. The app gives you the ability to add a  'book now' menu item in your navigation. When clicked on, it will take the customer to a widget where they can select the options and times that you set up. Feel free to check out the app demo here. They offer a free plan, a 30-day free trial, and then a $14.99 premium subscription plan.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BenHes89
Tourist
8 0 2

I would like something similar but I'm not sure the app you've suggested here is suitable. It would have to be linked to postcodes to be able to offer the correct dates, and for our store specifically different products have different cut off times so it's not as simple as booking an appointment, because if you then book an appointment for tomorrow and add something to the basket which has a 2-day lead time it won't work. We can't have a blanket 2-day lead time though as we need to compete with our competitors and offer next day delivery which is available for most product lines.

I don't suppose you've come across something similar to that? A booking app which is linked to postcodes and lead times? I use Zapiet but it's all post-shopping and not pre- or during shopping which is very common (at least here in the UK). Waitrose as the author suggests, but also all other supermarkets and other major grocery retailers offer this. Farmdrop.com is another good example.