Deposit app

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello there, 

unluckly, shopify can't offer to manage the deposits in the system.

We are clothing rent brand, and we need to add to every product deposit price for customer at the checkout. Maybe there is a propper app for this, or maybe someone can advice an app developer who can help to create one? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2547 178 395

Hi @Vika_Francis,

Nick here from Shopify. Good question!

Yes, as you pointed out, Shopify doesn't have a deposit feature native to the platform and to do what you are looking for it would require an app or some custom work from a developer. 

There are a couple of apps in the Shopify App Store which spring to mind for this. Let's take a look at them below:

It might also be worth your time to take a look through the App Store at some other recurring payment apps here to see if they can fit with what you're looking to do. 

You also mentioned about having a developer build something customized for you. You can see the Shopify Expert directory here which would be your best bet for this. Shopify Experts are verified by Shopify and know the platform inside and out. 

Hopefully, this helps and answers your question. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Did you ever find an app for deposits? I too am still looking.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

This issue is driving me completely and totally mad.  I have researched multiple platforms (Weebly, Wix, Shopify, GoDaddy, and others) and no one apparently has a solution for this problem in which multiple users on each platform has complained.  

Has ANYONE successfully built and managed a rental site which requires a deposit on its products?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
67 12 14

What'd be the requirements for such app?

Maybe if you can list all the features you need it will be easier to find what you're looking for or maybe someone can take on the challenge and build it.

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

The feature are those that most rental sites need:

1. Ability to add a deposit fee to an order, either at checkout, or as an additional fee to a product once it is placed in a cart.

Use case:

1. User selects a rental product(s) that is placed in the cart.

2. The cart is updated with the selected product.

3. Taxes are calculated to each product.

4. A deposit fee (in my case the same deposit fee) is applied per product (deposit fee not taxed).

5. User goes to checkout with product, taxes and deposit fee(s) calculated for the total at checkout.

I would be grateful is the Shopify universe could provide a solution for this scenario.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
67 12 14

I suppose the deposit fee would be refunded to the customer at some point?

This app seems to be used a lot for setting up fees: https://apps.shopify.com/product-fees

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 2
Yes, the deposit is returned when the rental product is received and
inspected at our offices.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 1 1

This seems like a solid app idea. I'd like to build this for you. Would you care to discuss your requirements with me in depth?

Please, shoot me an email @ iliareingold.com@gmail.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
This would be a happy scenario for me as well. Do you perform any preauthorizations?
0 Likes