Deposit app

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello. Deposits are not the same as partial pay or layaway - Woo Commerce does this for us now and moving to Shopify it does not yet offer deposits- when will Shopify offer deposits Allowing us to collect 60% down balance COD?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Is the rental deposit app being developed?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello, 

I am also interested in such an app. Could you let me know if this is active or no longer being created?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Shopify is hiding under a rock and has not yet answered when deposits will become available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Also looking for this feature, simply want a deposit to reduce no-show's for appointments. Balance paid on arrival or completion of services. Come on Shopify, meet the demand of your paying userbase!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Following! Also looking for this functionality.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also looking for a deposit system for my travel company.

The features I would need are pricing based on today's date versus service date. 

In other words, if today's date is more than 60 days before the service date, only a deposit is required. On the check out page, there should be a due now amount and a due later amount. 

If today's date is within 60 days of the service date, then full amount is required.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3276 246 563

Hi everyone, 

Just an update. There is still no deposit app or native feature, but I have submitted this as a feature request on your behalf for future development. In the meantime, building something customised with a Shopify Expert or one of the recurring payment apps would be the best way forward. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Nick,

I currently run WooCommerce and am keen to migrate to Shopify. I too run a travel company where we take a 25% deposit on signup and an invoice is then generated for the balance which is due by a certain date. If the client was to puchase a holiday before that date they would be required to pay in full. This is pretty standard to most travel businesses and without the ability to do this means that I will need to conisder if Shopify is the right platform for me, desite wanting to migrate to it. It's not exactly rocket science and this functionality would make the platform more attractive to the travel trade. I currently have this functionality in Woo. Please prioritise this in your future development plans.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@TutuRentals , 

Did you ever find a way to do this? Your business is very similar to us, in that we rent  pot grown Christmas trees. We want to return the deposit after the tree is safely returned.  

Also just to mention, my other biz is a Ballet School, so I am very interested in your site! 

0 Likes