Deposit app

Highlighted
3 0 0

HI there,

We rent pot grown christmas trees. We need a system where instead of the deposit money coming out to us, they are just stored in Shopify and then can easily be refunded once the item is refunded to us. We are paying a fortune for fees when a holding option would solve all the problems.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

hey @TamaginiLeather and @Capture,

Thank you for your guy's input. I would love to figure out a solution to your problems and the more feedback I get the better. As for your concerns with Shopify, I totally understand how frustrating it is not having all the necessary tools to succeed as a business owner. Shopify itself is a great platform for basic sellers who do not need much customization. However, many businesses are now becoming more complex with different business rules and ways of selling. As more businesses transition to online, we find ourselves looking for more and more functionalities. It would be great if Shopify can do everything imaginable that an offline business can do but that would be impossible or near difficult to do. The system is very rigid and it does work flawlessly for what it was intended to do. I would compare Shopify's ecosystem to how Apple ecosystem works. You get what you pay for out of the box and things work great. Anything out of that scope would require apps to make it fit for your business. The alternative would be is to hire a developer to build you a custom web application to do exactly what you need. However, software developers are not cheap to hire and it would take months to get something working that is bug-free. So the trade off is having shopify with 3rd party app developers to make the system work for business owners. The argument is the same with Wordpress. It was not mean't to be a ecommerce platform but Woocommerce made it possible. Fortunately, for us we have a very active and dedicated community of business owners and developers working collectively every day to make the platform better. 

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

@TutuRentals Found this thread as we trying to figure our how to solve my client's clothing rental business need. Just want to share this app to you as it might also be helpful for you. https://apps.shopify.com/bookthatapp

Also wish this info could be helpful to others who have similar need.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Please make sure it has a Balance cod option. 

E.g. I sell a big ticket item, I require a $500 deposit at time of order, and the balance paid On Delivery of the item.

Do you have an eta when this app will be ready ? it is going to be a heavily used one

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 5

Hi,

I'm very curious to see if there has been a solution to this. 

We are a stained glass store and we make custom window panels. We require a deposit before designing and creating our work. Then we collect the remaining balance when the customer picks it up. We desperately need this deposit option as well!

Thanks

Heather

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Heather - I'm working with a client right now to set up Partial.ly. Similar use case, take a 50% down payment and then charge the rest when it's time to ship. They let you set up payment plans on an automated schedule or capture manually. No setup or monthly fee, but charge 5% per transaction (instead of Shopify Basic's 2.9%). Could be a solution for you. 

0 Likes