Deprecated API calls: webhook update

Highlighted
3 0 0

The admin_graphql_api_id property was added to webhook payloads. Update your webhook version in the app’s settings and update your app to Rails versions 5.2.1.1 or higher (if applicable).

We were seeing the above warning for our public app.
After changing the webhook version to 2020-01 (Latest) , the app still showing the same message.
we are not using Rails, I guess the second change (update your app to Rails versions 5.2.1.1 ) is not required.

Why are we seeing the message even after updating the webhook version ?
Are there any more changes to be done?

any input will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
347 25 51

Hi @naveenyadav ,

Where did you change the API version? You can specify in your partner dashboard in your app settings as well in the actual API call within your code. Remember the API version is specified in the URL like so: /admin/api/{version}/endpoint. Are you using a API client or making your own calls to Shopify? You need to specify in both places then.

webhook.PNG

Regards,

Sam

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Screenshot 2020-03-04 at 10.54.47 AM.png

I have made a change in partner dashboard specified here: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/manage-webhook-api-versions#select-a-webhook-api-version-for-a-public-...

This change seems only for the webhook API version, not admin APIs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
347 25 51
Hi @naveenyadav,

Are you using graphQL or REST? Where is the error message displayed in the browser console, the body of a response object or elsewhere? I think you can try going back to partner dashboard and change the API version to 2019-07. If it’s just a warning and not breaking the app it perhaps can be ignored. its not necessary that you take immediate action and upgrade API versions due to the warning unless there is something you need from the new version. This is just my thinking and with some testing on my end I try to reproduce the message, but it sounds like it can be ignored since it’s not breaking your app.

https://shopify.dev/concepts/about-apis/versioning/release-notes/2019-07

Regards,

Sam
Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 2 8

I have the same problem. I don't use Rails or shopify_app gem. I updated the webhook api version and I still see this message.

I contacted Shopify support to ask about this message and they told me that this warning message stays there for 30 days after the last deprecated call.

If you updated API version in the dashboard and you don't use Rails, everything should be ok.

3 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yeah, I have updated the API version.  The issue should not bother :)

0 Likes