Digital Downloads App Not Fulfilling

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Morning All,

I seem to be having an issue with the digital download app. I've followed the instructions in the following link https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/digital-downloads , but the orders are not being set to fulfilled and no download link is being emailed to the person purchasing.

I tried putting a product to fulfilled status manually and received the email with download link shortly after. I've also ensured that the digital download app is setup to automatically fulfill orders, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

I am using the bogus payment gateway for testing and am unsure if this may be part of the reason. I am happy to provide the store information to Shopify Staff if that helps them resolve the issue.

Thank you

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Just wanted to bump this up and hope someone can help solve the issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

I had the same problem.

I solved it by changing who manages the inventory. I had set another fulfillment option and switched it back to Shopify and therefore I didn't have to manually press the "Request fulfillment" button.

You can do this by going to your product page and looking for Inventory section.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@CharlieTO did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having the exact same problem. My account is set to auto fulfill, but after purchase the digital download order is still unfulfilled. Manually fulfilling the digital download order triggers the download email...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi! I have the same problem. Did you ever find out how to fix this? Many thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey @irinazaretcaia! I did fix it (with the help of Shopify)!

When you install DD, it changes your stores payment capture settings to manual. This is to make sure you receive payment before sending the download link to customers. When set to automatic, payments are captured automatically and the download link is immediately sent to customers, but there's a chance the payment doesn't go through and they get the download for free.

Obviously having the manually capture payments is a pain, so I simply changed my payment capture method to automatic. I haven't had any payment issues to date, but I guess there is still more risk.

If you've taken orders already, make sure you've captured payment manually on the order page!

Then you can turn on automatic payment capture and ensure downloads get delivered immediately to customers without intervention from you! Here's how to turn your payment capture method to automatic:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/payment-authorization

Hope that helps! :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hey @MikeH22 !

Thank you sooooooo much! I literally did my day and I could launch the store today. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same problem and my payments are set to automatically capture. 

It worked fine this afternoon but and hour later it's like the app isn't even installed any more. The attachments are there, payments are automatically captured and nothing has changed from then to now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Same- I am currently in the queue with Shopify as I haven't changed anything in my shop or app to cause this to just stop working. Fingers crossed we can get this worked out!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I am not sure what happened, but things are working again and the app is auto fulfilling? Perhaps they were going through an update and their system paused?

0 Likes