Digital Downloads Auto Fulfills Entire Order When Digital Portion Auto-Fulfilled - HELP!

Chris155
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey guys, we are using the Digital Downloads app in our Shopify store to have digital items automatically fulfilled to customers. Unfortunately, when it auto fulfills a digital item, it marks an entire order as "Fulfilled" in our system, even if the order had physical items that still need to be fulfilled.

Since this app is used by many, I'm hoping this has been encountered before: does anyone know how to maintain digital items being automatically fulfilled to customers using Digital Downloads app, but have it only mark the digital line items as "Fulfilled" in an order, instead of marking the entire orer as "Fulfilled" ?

This has created a nightmare because it stops us from using Shopify postage on these orders since they're marked as "Fulfilled" even though physical items still need to be shipped!

Thank you for any help here!

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 465

Hey Chris!

Peter here from Shopify Support!

I have great news! This is something that can be fixed, however, it is a bit tedious to get set up. What you'll want to do is open up your "Digital Downloads" app. From there, you'll need to enable the "Mixed Goods" option for each product. To do this, you'll click on a product, then the little gear icon:

After you click that, you'll see this option:

Once you select this option for all your products that should resolve the issue you're seeing.

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Chris155
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey, Peter, thank you for the help. Unfortunately, this does not solve our issue. We want the digital items to be automatically sent to our customers upon purchasing the product because it's a bonus digital item. However, we do not want to mark the order as "fulfilled." This option will force us to manually send out the ebooks after the physical items are shipped, because if we do it before it'll still mark it as "fulfilled."

Whoever develops the Digital Downloads app, if you could please submit this feature request: we want to use Digital Downloads app to instantly give customers a bonus download after checkout, but do not want the order to automatically be marked as "fulfilled" after this digital portion is received because physical portions of the order still need to be shipped.

Thank you again for the help!

Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2203 216 465

Hey Chris!

Thank you for providing that information! The app is quite limited in the features that are included, however, I'm more than happy to include that request to our app developers for further review. I would highly suggest taking a look at using a more robust app to use in the meantime, however:

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
psplus
1 0 1

I would like to add my support to this feature being added to the Digital Downloads app.

I would be happy to pay for an upgraded plan for Digital Downloads if that would mean it would get some more robust features.