Discount App that can apply tiered quantity discount accross multiple products

Highlighted
3 0 0

We are migrating to shopify and wish to have discounts (changeable, but mostly permanent) under the following logic:

"Buy 6 or more fruits, save 5%, or buy 12 or more fruits, save 10%" - It needs to work across the products though, so they don't have to buy 6 grapes or 6 bananas to get the discount. They could buy 4 grapes and 2 bananas and receive the discount. Most of these products have multiple variants (size) that we would want it to apply to all.

We need to do this to multiple categories of products, no group would have a product in more than one group.

For instance, we would want to run the above special, but also "buy 3 vegetables, save 15%", and "buy 4 meats, save $5", all at the same time. In some cases, we just want the specific variants of multiple items (buy 6 or more SMALL fruits and save 5%)

It would be amazing if this could reflect in our popup cart, but it must show in the cart and at checkout, with a line through the original price and the new price underneath. We don't want it to show just as one lump discount at the bottom.

The ultimate would be if there were some sort of prompts encouraging the discount quantity as they add lesser amounts to their cart, "add two more fruits to save 5%, or 8 more to save 10%".

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you for the response. I will look into that App now.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

We were using Quantity Breaks for something similar, having a discount across a collection. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1532 24 121

@AnthonyM wrote:

"Buy 6 or more fruits, save 5%, or buy 12 or more fruits, save 10%"

Automatic % discounts on the "fruit"collection

@AnthonyM wrote:

It would be amazing if this could reflect in our popup cart, but it must show in the cart and at checkout, with a line through the original price and the new price underneath. We don't want it to show just as one lump discount at the bottom.

Unless your on shopify Plus you cannot modify the checkout template so slashed pricing cannot be a "must" as you will not be able to maintain consistency.

You could still customize the /cart template and cart drawers just realize what the customers sees will be different once in /checkout .

So new-low-slashed-pricing is setting up a false expectation by trying to overthink pricing displays.

If you are on shopify Plus this means you also have access to checkout scripts which can pretty much automate a whole swath of things like this. Contact me to pursue development.

@AnthonyM wrote:

The ultimate would be if there were some sort of prompts encouraging the discount quantity as they add lesser amounts to their cart, "add two more fruits to save 5%, or 8 more to save 10%".

This is a simple "cart quantity minimums" theme customization as long the discount rules can be described programmatically across different categories|collections.

Forums should have prior topics on it search "cart quantity prompt" ,"cart quantity minimums", etc

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
29 0 2

Hey AnthonyM,

Would Bold Quantity Breaks do what you're looking for? You can set it up to give specific prices depending on the amount the customer buys, or you can give different percentage discounts based on the quantity purchased.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 2.20.03 PM.png

I'm actually part of the team at Bold so if you have questions just let me know.

Did I solve your problem? ✔️Accept the solution to help others.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
155 3 4

You can try Discount Master app. It allows you to apply discount, countdown for specific products, specific collections, or the whole products

0 Likes