Discount Code

RCRmedic
2 0 0

Hi.  I am looking for an application that will work.  I have created a discount code to apply a fixed price discount to 3 products in my store.  Currently, with the default Shopify system, the discount is only applied once if you purchase two of the same item.  I need my customers to get the fixed discount on the product regardless of the quantity they buy.  There are a few items in my store that I don't want to discount, so I can't give the fixed discount on the entire cart.  Does anyone know of an application that will work for this?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hi, @RCRmedic

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Great question!

You CAN have your discount behave this way using the built-in Discount feature! There is an option within the Value section of the discount set up, where you can specify that the code applies per quantity. It looks like this:

20-04-nyvpl-7bd6o

When unchecking that box, the discount code will not only apply to each product that you have included within the discount, but also to each individual quantity of the item added to the cart, as seen here:

20-04-xls8b-9y2ud

However, if this still doesn’t function as needed, I recommend taking a look at the Discount Ninja app. It has more elaborate functionalities including the ability to apply a fixed discount per product. If you need a hand with the set up of this app, or you have specific questions about it’s functionality, I encourage you to contact the app developer directly, as they will be the best to advise on this.

Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
RCRmedic
2 0 0

Helen,

I have tested this feature multiple times but I can't seem to make it work.  I am setup just like you say but when I add 3 of the product to the cart and apply the discount code, it only discounts it one time.  I even called Shopify and they tested it but couldn't get it to work either.  I see by your screenshots that it is working for you.  That is strange.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hey, @RCRmedic!

I agree, that is very strange! I’d love to look further into this for you, and loop in our Tech team if necessary so that we can get this working properly for you. 

Therefore, I am sending you an email to facilitate this. Please keep an eye out for it and reply at your earliest convenience.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes