Discount Codes email to specific items purchased

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am wondering if there is an App that will send an email discount code to the customer who purchases a specific item? I am looking for something that will automatically send an email with discount code once the specific item is purchased.  Right now am offering a promotion on a certain item and would like to provide an additional discount code for the customer to use on their next purchase as a way to say thank you. This discount code does not apply to all my customers purchasing items.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Not sure if there’s an app doing this specific requirement. But technically it is absolutely possible to build a Private App serving this promotion process.
If you need such Private App that will work for your store exactly what you need, please reach me at info@codart.app

Regards,
Andy
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi KLM,

You could achieve this with Mailchimp and Personal Discount. You'll also need ShopSync to enable E-Commerce campaigns in Mailchimp.

You can set up an automated 'Follow up on purchases' campaign in Mailchimp:

mailchimp-follow-up-on-purchases.png

and limit it to a specific product:

mailchimp-follow-up-on-purchases-specific-product.png

mailchimp-follow-up-on-purchases-select-product.png

In Personal Discount, you need to set up an automation with a 'New Order' trigger:

personal-discount-new-order-trigger.png

It will create a unique discount code after any new purchase, but since your campaign in Mailchimp is limited to specific product, then only customers who bought the selected item will receive a discount code.

You can include the discount code in Mailchimp by inserting the merge tag *|DISCOUNT_2|* (or *|DSCNT_CODE|* if you haven't changed the default name) to your email template:

next-order-discount-merge-tag.png

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 152

Hi, @KLM!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Both @LukaszWiktor and @CodartApp have some great ideas. To add to their suggestions, I also recommend considering Klaviyo, one of our most popular email marketing apps. After doing some digging, it seems like they offer you the ability to create an automated product-specific email flow, which sounds like exactly what you're looking for. To learn more about what this looks like, I recommend checking out Klaviyo's help doc on how to create a product-specific email flow here. Just keep in mind that this app won't create the discount codes for you. Instead, you'll need to create a discount code within Shopify, then add that discount code to your email templates. 

Aside from using it to email customers discount codes, you could also take advantage of this app to create automated email campaigns and newsletters. In fact, email marketing is a great way to boost brand engagement and keep customers in the loop with your promotions and product launches. If email marketing is new to you, I recommend checking out our free Shopify Academy course, Ecommerce Email Marketing 101. In this course, you'll learn how to grow your email list, create effective campaigns, and how to evaluate the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. I think you'll find it pretty useful. Do you have any ideas for other types of email marketing? 

I appreciate the contribution from other members within the Community and I'm looking forward to continuing the conversation and hearing other suggestions. Let me know what you think!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Well, maybe we should first ask @KLM: what email marketing service do you use currently?

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I have tested out several but I haven’t found something that I like and that I find easy to use.
0 Likes