Discount code for a certain day of the week

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Does anyone know of an app that makes it possible to set up a recurring discount code that only works on a certain day of the week? i.e. 10% off every Tuesday, for example. The built-in Shopify discount code options don't make this possible.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 17 29

Hi @cwilliamson1111,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. You are correct in saying that the native discounts feature in Shopify does not allow for regularly scheduled discounts, although I can certainly see why this would be beneficial to you and your business. As such, I've submitted this request to our development team for their consideration.

For the meantime, there are some apps that should be able to help you achieve this. There is an app called Bold Discounts that allows for scheduled sales, meaning you should be able to set up a repeatable discount for one day each week. The app includes a 14-day free trial so you can install it and test this out before you are charged for using it moving forward. I also came across another app called Bulk Discount & Sales Manager that advertises the ability to set scheduled discounts - this app includes a free plan so is definitely worth considering.

I hope these recommendations help and thank you again for reaching out. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @Victor

Thanks so much for getting back to me. From reading the documentation, the Bulk Discount & Sales Manager app sounds promising but unfortunately I've just tried to install it but am not permitted to do so because my store is currently on a Development plan.

I'm building the site for a client so it seems as if I'll have to transfer the store to them and ask them to sign up to one of the paid plans before I'll be able to test whether the add-on app would work. This isn't great.

Is it not possible to install any add-on apps on the Development plan, or is this just an issue with this particular app?

Thanks

Claire

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 17 29

Hi @cwilliamson1111,

It's good to hear back from you and thank you for explaining your situation. One of the limitations of development plans is that most paid apps cannot be installed (including those with free plans), which is specified here in our help documentation:

19-10-cq8y4-ppg5j

My recommendation would be to contact the developers of the app ahead of time - their contact information can be found on the links I provided in my last message - and ask them if you can achieve what you are looking for with their app. They should be able to confirm before you install the app whether their app can do what you'd want it to do.

Remember too that once you hand off the store to your client, they can still retain you as a staff member on the store. Once your client has chosen a paid plan, you'll still be able to access the store via your staff member account and assist them with the app set up.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
3 0 0

Ok, thanks @Victor I'll get in touch with the app developer. Hopefully they can confirm that their app can do what I need it to since I'm not able to test it out for myself. It would be great if Shopify could add the recurring, day-specific discount code functionality in the future, so thank you for submitting this request to the development team.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 17 29

Hi @cwilliamson1111,

No problem at all. Merchant feedback plays a big part in feature development so we greatly appreciate you detailing your request here.

Thanks again and have a great end to your week!

Kind regards,

0 Likes