Does this Digital Download App Exist?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey guys,

I hope you're all well! I'm new to the platform and I'm looking for quite a specific app, which I can't seem to find.

I want to sell a digital download that is custom to the buyer. So the process would be they add it to their cart, upon checkout, or on the order page, they put (for example) their name and favourite colour. They then pay for the product, receive an email thanking them and instructing them that they'll get a download link soon. I then go and create the custom digital asset, upload it to a server and then I can generate an email to goto them with their digital download link.

Every app I've seen seems to only offer immediate download links.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 58 158

Hi @supplybankco,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I am not sure if an app with this exact functionality exists, as most of the apps will offer immediate download links (as you mentioned), including our own Digital Downloads app. It may be possible to achieve this workflow but it'd require the use of other apps and some manual work.

There are a number of apps that allow for greater product customization, which means customers could go ahead and enter in their personalized details on the product page before adding the product to their cart and checking out. You can browse through a selection of them here. If you needed to have the customer upload a product file or image, there are apps that allow for that functionality as well.

The delivery of the custom digital asset would be a separate process, and could just be done manually by yourself when the file is ready. You could have a template email saved and then just change up the file when it's ready to be sent to the customer, which can then be emailed to them by yourself. I am not sure if there's an app that could automate this process for you, but it might be worth looking into an app like Notifications which could include this functionality. You can make use of it's 7-day trial to see if it works and/ or email the app developers asking if what you're looking to do is possible.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Victor,

Thanks for such an in-depth answer!

I’ll do some investigating, thanks again!

Ben

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
627 58 158

Hi @supplybankco,

No problem at all, and I hope my suggestions are of some use. Please let me know if you've any further questions about this.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes