Solved

Ebay Integration Multibuy Option

ChristianMacca
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Everyone

I've successfully integrated my Shopify store with my eBay account (and even sold an item via eBay).

However, one of my listings on eBay would benefit from being able to include eBay's 'Multi-Buy' feature, which allows a seller to offer a discount when buyers purchase more than one item at a time.

Is it possible to do this from the Shopify end? I've tried editing the listing directly in eBay, but the update failed and the following error message displayed:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Inventory-based listing management is not currently supported by this tool. Please refer to the tool used to create this listing.

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Accepted Solution (1)

claudio-caffeed
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

That's the reply from Ebay. Pretty disappointing considering the fees we pay...

Hello,

When using the eBay sales channel there are some restrictions placed on the API by eBay.

An API is what is used to exchange information with eBay concerning the listings. For general details on what an API is, please visit What is an API?

Unfortunately when using the eBay sales channel the Multi-Buy option is not available for your listings.
If you have further questions please let us know.

Sincerely,
Marcella

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

claudio-caffeed
Visitor
2 1 0

I follow this. 

I am in the same situation.

Tried to add Multi Buy on Ebay and I get the same error, and the Multi Buy option is not on the sale channel.

#support

claudio-caffeed
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

That's the reply from Ebay. Pretty disappointing considering the fees we pay...

Hello,

When using the eBay sales channel there are some restrictions placed on the API by eBay.

An API is what is used to exchange information with eBay concerning the listings. For general details on what an API is, please visit What is an API?

Unfortunately when using the eBay sales channel the Multi-Buy option is not available for your listings.
If you have further questions please let us know.

Sincerely,
Marcella