Ebay Marketplace - Changing my Paypal Address - But already active listings did not update

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 5

Hi there community!

I just changed my Paypal address, I've updated it in my eBay account but I am still receiving payments in the old Paypal account.

After doing some researches it seems that the old Paypal account is still associated with the listings created (before the change). 

I tried bulk edit listings on eBay but I got an error saying that it is not possible as listings have been created in another app (in Shopify). But I don't see any Paypal information when I edit products in Shopify.

I got a lot of listings, is there a way to bulk change the Paypal account associated with the listings?

Thanks !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
676 50 149

Hi, @NERD1!

Julie, here from Shopify Support. 

If you've already updated the PayPal account directly in you eBay Seller Hub, this should automatically change the account associated with all listings. If you're still noticing that the wrong PayPal account is being used, it might be worth refreshing your account credentials in the eBay Sales Channel on Shopify. You can do this by heading into eBay under the Sales channels section on the lefthand side of your Admin. From there, you'll see an option to refresh credentials at the top of the page. If this still doesn't update, then it might be worth reaching out to eBay Support directly as they actually have a support line specifically for this sales channel. You can reach them via email at help@connectebaysupport.com, or by phone at 1 (855) 411-3376. They also have a Help Center dedicated to this sales channel you can find here

Are you also needing to update your PayPal account for orders placed directly through your online store? If you're using PayPal for your online store as well, you can update your PayPal account by heading to Settings > Payment providers. Under the PayPal section, click Deactivate. This will allow you to reactivate using a different PayPal account.

As you continue selling on eBay, I recommend checking out our eBay Selling Guide. This guide includes some great tips on how to improve your listing quality on eBay, how to boost your listings on the eBay search engine, and how to differentiate your brand from others.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes