Edit HTML for Shopify's Product Reviews App

CoryW
2 0 0

I am using Shopify's Product Reviews App and I need to access the HTML. I have looked in various places and I still haven't found where it could be. I want to make the "Review Title" and the "Body of Review" NOT required. Currently, they are both required and I can't change that. In the Product Reviews app settings, there are options to make the "Name" and "Email" fields optional, just not the ones I need. Instead of making them not required, I could also add text into the fields as placeholders. If I can get an answer as to how to locate the code for the app (if that's an option anyways) or some other way to change this, it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Appifiny
Shopify Partner
149 2 40

Hi @CoryW 

The Shopify product review app is quite limited in its functionality.

The code for the form is injected with JavaScript so you won't be able to modify it. Well... maybe you could modify it with JavaScript once it is loaded. But those fields might be required on the server side once the form is posted.

In any case, what is your use case for posting a review without a title or actual review content?

If you just want to change the placeholder text you could try something like this:

$("input[name='review[title]']").attr('placeholder', 'This is a new placeholder'); 

You might need to wrap that in some code that checks the form field exists.

I hope this helps?

Best regards,

Asa @ Appifiny

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
CoryW
2 0 0

@Appifiny Thanks for the reply! My case for posting reviews with little or no content is because I am importing reviews and a lot of them are just star ratings. Until I can build up enough reviews with quality content in them I don't want it to look like I imported reviews (or made them myself) if all fields are required but there are some reviews without any information. This will only be temporary and it isn't all that important but I want to change it in the meanwhile if I can. Another question I have is do you know if there is a way to allow reviewers to add pictures to their review? I know there are review apps that you can pay for with this feature but I figured I would look into it first. I assume without somehow modifying the code I can't do any of this, that is alright though.

0 Likes
Appifiny
Shopify Partner
149 2 40

Hi @CoryW,

I think to do what you want and with photo reviews you will inevitably have to pay about $15/mo for a review app such as Judge Me or Stamped IO.

We’ve actually just started work on a new review app that will do that for free but it won’t be available for a few months yet.

Best,

Asa

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
HlrgroupCompany
2 0 0

Please look at this web site https://uk.ovahia.com/products/anti-cellulite-push-up-leggings-white#shopify-product-reviews how to edit html and add picture like that. They use Product reviews. Help me i need to integrate it on my shop, it's more beautiful with pictures.

Thanks

0 Likes
tiberio21
2 0 0

I would also like to alter the code, but for a different reason. Currently, the max limit for characters in the body is 1500. I'd like to be able to change that to unlimited. I'm trying to import reviews from one of my suppliers, but I can't import some of them because they left a really long, thorough review, but it consists of too many characters for the Shopify Reviews app. 

0 Likes