Edit Order App

Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

I am trying this app and so far it is great.  It's going to be a huge help to us because edits to orders has been a tremendously difficult challenge for us.

My only problem is that this app automatically sends an Order Canceled email to the customer when replacing it with a new order, which is very confusing.  Is there a way to specify an email notification template that can be used in this case?  My general order cancelation notice does not work and it would be helpful to be able to assign a template to be used when an order is edited eg, "We have modified your order as requested.  Order XXX has been marked as canceled and replaced with order XXX-A" or something along those lines.

It's a bit alarming for a customer to receive an order cancelation notice after they have discussed and confirmed order changes.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
46 0 2

This is definitely something we can implement. I have now added it as a feature needed for our next release which will be over the next 48 hours. We will implement the email template using the same Liquid markup as Shopify so you will be able to customize it to suit your needs. We will of course come up with a default email similar to what you describes as we think its important that customers are aware that their order has been modified and is now suffixed with a new letter.

0 Likes
Tourist
46 0 2

Just an update we have just been accepted on the Shopify App Store (https://apps.shopify.com/edit-order). So we are now officially out of Beta testing. Some new features we have implemented over the last few days.

• You can now edit the price of a product.
  • Cancellation emails are no longer being sent. (We are finalising a new email template specific for order changes)
  • Inventory numbers are now visible and change dynamically as you assign additional stock to an order
  • Better tax calculations to handle Non-Taxable items.

We are still working on additional features and will keep you updated as they are released.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Tourist
46 0 2

Just an update for today. We have just added the ability to uncancel a cancelled order by request from one of our customers. We are always open to feature requests and feel free to send me an email at ryan@addtocartapps.com

0 Likes
4 0 0

joining this thread

0 Likes
Tourist
46 0 2

Welcome Joel, I wish this forum had the feature to just follow threads with out the need to comment. There are a lot of instances where I want to follow a thread, I tell myself I'll keep an eye on it but without the email notification when a post has been made I always ended up forgetting about it and coming back later to think man I wish I had of read that earlier.

0 Likes
Tourist
46 0 2

We just fixed a bug that was identified by one of our customers. Order total weight will now calculate correctly in all instances. While developing this fix we also came across the realisation we could easy add the ability to change line item weights of an existing order. If anyone would have a need for this let us know and we can think about adding it in.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9981 85 1492

I wish this forum had the feature to just follow threads with out the need to comment.

It does - see up top:

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
46 0 2

I must have looked around on one of my own threads and just came to the conclusion it doesn't exist. However I noticed it shows up on all other threads. Nice to know!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

So a few more features have been added to Edit Order since my last update.

Line Item Properties : You can now edit line item properties and add new properties to any line item. This is a big feature for any store that does customised products as it allows you to edit the customers input.

​Fulfilment : Previously the app didn't carry over any previous fulfillments when an order was edited. This is just something we completely looked over and is now fully functional. We find a lot of customers are using the app to be able to handle partial line item fulfillment. They do this by splitting say 10 x Product Y in to 5 x Product Y and 5 x Product Y and then fulfilling as normal through shopify.

COMING VERY SOON (TODAY)!

Settings Page : Our app has pretty good defaults that rarely need to be changed but we are adding a new settings page which will allow merchants to change the following settings

• Delete, Cancel or Retain previous order
  • Send Cancellation Email
  • Send New Order Email
  • Process Refunds (Automatically/Manually)
  • Automatically add suffix to edited order or not (#1000 -> #1000A or #1000->#1000)

The settings page will add a much better flow for some users as they would prefer the app to Delete existing Order and not add a suffix to the edited order.

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes