Edit Order App

Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

Hello- I am reading through earlier comments and I don't think this has been addressed.

When the Edit Order app assigns an order number suffix eg 2503A, the real order number is still a sequential number, so when the order gets transmitted to Shipstation, for example, it's under the sequentially ordered number, which is essentially random if I don't know what it is.

This creates a headache for my dropshipper using Shipstation to print packing slips.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you!

PS Love this app!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Hey,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll put this as a priority and try and come up with a solid solution. Might have to install Shipstation to see exactly how they are processing these and what the best option is.

One thing that you can do is backspace out the order number and it will assign it the next available when this is not present, this is only if you need a solution now and the existing order number is not important to you.

Otherwise we will have something figured out in the next 24 hours.

Thanks,

Ryan

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Hey,

Just installed Shipstation and tested how the integration works and on our account the details are coming through correctly. If we have order number 1234 and edit it to be 1234A it comes through to Shipstation as 1234A as expected.

Is this what you are referring to or am I looking at the wrong section.

Thanks,

Ryan

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Excursionist
58 0 4

It comes through with a new order number for us in shipstation when we do it. Last incident of this was shortly before I wrote you. I can send you a screen shot. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Yeah that would be good that way I can also check the actual data from shopify and see where the number is coming from. ryan@addtocartapps.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Some new changes have just been uploaded

Ability to edit tax rate and name - We have now added the ability to override the default tax code and tax name. This is useful for anyone in the US who has a lower tax rate for wholesale or B2B orders. Now you can edit orders and apply the correct tax rate for the order.

Deleted pricing rules - There was an issue where deleted pricing were still showing on the edit order and new order pages. This has no been fixed and all deleted pricing rules will no longer show.

We have some other big features on the way and will let you know when they are released.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Actually we have one more feature ready today.

Cart Note Attributes - We have just added support for Cart Note Attributes. These are very useful for adding additional information to an order that doesn't quite fit in to the order notes or something that you want to place in another area of an email template. For example you want to show delivery instructions within your email template, You can simple add a Note Attribute called delivery_instructions and include it in your template with the following liquid.

{{note_attributes.delivery_instructions}}

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Hey Guys,

Someone has just pointed out that {{note_attributes.delivery_instructions}} does not work as expected in custom email templates. This is a confirmed issue and will fix it ASAP in the meantime if you need to use these in custom email templates

For Cart Note Attributes

{% for notes in note_attributes %}
    {% if notes.name == "backorder_date" %}
        {{notes.value}}
    {% endif %}
{% endfor %}

For Line Item Custom Properties

{% for item in line_items %} // You should already have this loop in your template if so remove this line
    {% for notes in item.properties %}
        {% if notes.name == "backorder_date" %}
            {{notes.value}}
        {% endif %}
    {% endfor %}
{% endfor %} // You should already have this loop in your template if so remove this line

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
19 0 1

Hey Ryan, First want to thank you for your development. I can really see how this is going to improve a lot of users' business flows. I've installed the app on a client's shop for the first time, and she's reporting to me something related to an update you've mentioned above:

Pending Payment Bug - We have just resolved an issue where if an existing pending payment was on the order that it did not calculate the new additional payment amount correctly.

The client notes that she created an order, and then had to edit it. The update order shows the total correctly ($690 in the screenshot attached), however the Pending field shows at $1244, which was the original price before the edit. As she puts it:

I would think since the correct total is like $690.00, the Pending amount would reflect that price.  My concern is that if I click on the blue box at the top ["Mark payment as received"] after I get payment, that it will show the $1200.00 amount as being accepted from the customer and this will just incorrectly record the order when the customer goes in to see their order history.

Just wanted to see if this was the expected behavior, or if it's not and rather it's related to the bug you mentioned you had worked out. If it is the expected behavior, once my client presses the "Mark payment as received" button, can she expect the order to properly show only the updated $690 amount in all places, including the customer's order history? Thanks a lot again for your work!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

@K&J this is something we have been thinking about a solution for. The reason it is still $1244 is because its a pending payment and because there are quite a few payment methods that are using the pending status it can't be taken for granted that the $1244 payment hasn't been received already. An example of this is the original order is $1244 and the store accepts bank transfers. The customer might have already transferred $1244 and this just hasn't been marked as received yet. In this case $1244 is the right payment amount and the store owner needs to actually organise a refund back to the customer.

0 Likes