Edit Order App

Tourist
12 0 3

Hey Ryan:  I guess my question is: If I don't track inventory and someone call to just change a variant that has no effect on price, can I just modify that order without creating a new one?

EDIT:  Having tried this, I guess Edit Order always creates a new order, correct? (For some reason, since I downloaded this app, customers are changing orders like its a new fad)

1 Like
Excursionist
15 0 6

Hey Ryan

I hope all is well.. haven't heard back from you regarding my emails. Shopify is unable to assist with the missing payments and I really need your assistance here.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

Hi Guys- I wrote a month ago about an issue with a sequential number being assigned to the new order rather than the original number with a suffix.  The order shows up with sequential numbering in Shipstation.  I sent a follow up and also screen shots and haven't heard back.  My original message is below.  Please let me know if there is a fix for this.  Thanks

------------------------------------------------

Hello- I am reading through earlier comments and I don't think this has been addressed.

When the Edit Order app assigns an order number suffix eg 2503A, the real order number is still a sequential number, so when the order gets transmitted to Shipstation, for example, it's under the sequentially ordered number, which is essentially random if I don't know what it is.

This creates a headache for my dropshipper using Shipstation to print packing slips.

Is there a fix for this?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 3

I have the same issue as rrg211, but I happen to use ShippingEasy.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Ryan/Carted.

Great app you guys have made. Unfortunately, we are experiencing some problems with it.

Our shop runs with the customer pricing app from Bold Apps, which we at first suspected for somehow interfering with the Edit Order App. However, after having tried using the Edit Order App we suspect the OS might be involved as well.

With our B2B customers (that get special prices) we get this message: "Line Items Invalid" when trying to edit an order. However, it only happens on Mac, not on PC!? Furthermore, the standard B2C customer orders are edited without any problems on both Mac and PC.

Is this something you have heard of before? And is there anything we can do to fix it?

Best regards,
Kortkartellet

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Hey Christina,

This is a known issue and we have talked to Shopify about it. The issue is the pricing app adds and deletes variants on a regular basis. So when you edit an order it can no longer find the product in the store as it no longer exists (It may exist but it has been recreated with a new ID and details). The only real option I have been able to come up with the solution is to reselect the product when editting the order, however I know this is painful and time consuming.

I am looking in to an option that will make the app search for variants that may have the same name to overcome this issue in most cases, however this is still a little while off.

Thanks,

Ryan

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Only an hour remaining to our webinar/webcast so if your interested in seeing how you can edit orders or create orders within the admin panel please join in by going to the following link. http://join.me/cartedsupport ;

Want an app but can't find what you need? Let us know we custom build apps for Free
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Only 20 mins left until we kick off. The link is now active so free feel to come in and listen and watch. http://join.me/cartedsupport

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Webinar is now starting. You can enter at any time.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
411 0 51

Thanks everyone for joining, probably not the most exciting demo in the world but hopefully I answered some of your questions. If anyone has anything they missed asking please send us an email to support@carted.com and we would be happy to answer.

0 Likes