Email Marketing App For a Beginner

Solved
Tourist
9 0 1

I've been trying to figure out what app to get for email marketing. I have NO experience in this and really don't have the time to learn it. Is there a simple app that will work with the Turbo theme? What is the difference between Kit and Privy? Thanks, everyone.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
116 8 102

Hi, 

Privy and Kit are not email marketing apps. Kit is for Facebook advertising and Privy is for popups. 

If you have no experience with emails, I would recommend Mailchimp. It is also free for under 2,000 subscribers and it has tons of templates that will help you create nice-looking messages right away. You'll have to use a third party integration in order to sync Mailchimp with Shopify, but Mailchimp has plenty of resources on their website explaining how to do this. 

I would recommend getting that integration setup, then going through Mailchimps automated emails. You should create a welcome email when people subscribe, an abandoned cart email, and any of the other eCommerce messages to get started. 

None of the email service providers are going to be entirely housed in an app. Most of them do have app integrations for Shopify though. Other options include Klaviyo, Constant Contact, ActiveCampaign, MailerLite, and ConvertKit. 

Good luck!

2 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks Sara, Since Mailchimp is no longer supported I installed Klaviyo. Now it's just a matter of finding time to learn it. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
116 8 102
Hi Roger,

Klaviyo has great learning resources. I would suggest the live training:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks Sarah!

0 Likes