Event Calendar for classes with pictures

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 3

I have a freind who I'm trying to convince to move to Shopify but she needs an event calender app for jewelry making classes. She's currently usings WP's "The Events Calendar by MODERN TRIBE" and loves that plugin.

The app MUST have the ability to show pictures associated with the events, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
85 0 16

Hey Beryl,

Take a look at this Event Calendar app. This should have all the functionalities you are looking for. As well I recommend reaching out to the app developer if you have any questions or concerns about it!

App: https://apps.shopify.com/events-calendar

Developer Email : https://apps.shopify.com/events-calendar/support_interactions/new

Hope this helps!

-Calen 

0 Likes
Tourist
21 0 3

Thanks Calen.  I actually use that app in my store so I am familiar with it, but it won't work for my freind because it doesn't have the ability to add photos to the event description.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 24

Hi Beryl!

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

If the Events Calendar App doesn't suit the specific needs of your friend's business, another suggestion would be BookThatApp by the folks at Shopify Concierge. This App covers a bunch of event scenarios like rentals, classes, services, etc. If you take a look at their demo site for their 'Piano Lessons' class (for example), you can see it definitely supports photos!

As always, you can reach out directly to Shopify Concierge via email if you have specific questions about their App.

Hope it helps you and your friend get set up for the jewelry-making classes!

- Diana

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I agree that it would be great if shopify had a calendar view that allowed images, allowed to view a course over multiple dates and allowed pop up information to register for the course! I LOVE so much about shopify but that is one thing I am often struggling with. The calendar view for courses in squarespace is beautiful. We tried to implement book that app for my sewing studio but were having issues when a class is over multiple dates and we had some other challenges with variants for a class when it is available in more than one month. It also does not look nearly as slick as the squarespace calendar view. For people whose revenue is primarily coming from courses or workshops a great calendar view is critical! People call my shop weekly asking to see a calendar view to choose their classes. For a while after book that app was not ideal for us we embedded google calendar but that made our web site look very 2001! Please shopify create your own calendar view for events, workshops and courses! 

0 Likes