Can anyone recommend a free exit popup app for both desktop and mobile?

aslm5
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hi All,

I'm looking for an exit popup but the majority of them either work only with desktop mode or most often generate a popup only when someone click on go back to a page.

I'm looking for an app which will generate an exit popup when a client type another website in the browser (so leaving my website) or when a client is closing the browser window.

Do you know such app and if possible with a free version?

Many thanks

Replies 7 (7)

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3055

Hi there,

Did you try Powr app or Privy? I checked it out and they do have exit pop-up features when customer exit cart or your page.

Actually most of the pop-up app have these features, you might need to play around quite a few times to figure it out in the settings.

Hope you find this helpful,

Cheers

aslm5
Excursionist
16 1 3

@PageFly-Victor Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately Privy exit popup doesn't work on mobile whereas my main visitors are on mobiles. I had a look at Powr, it could be a solution but that function isn't free and the popup appears only when you click on the URL section in your browser, not when a client decides to close the tab.

I would like to generate an exit popup on mobiles & desktop when a person clicks on the url section of a browser and when he or she decides to close the tab too. I would prefer a free-plan obviously but I'm happy to pay as well for such app.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4167 244 733

Hello @aslm5, you can install AiTrillion, it has this feature that you are looking for. You can track when someone is about to leave your website and can show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase. AiTrillion helps to keep your visitors engaged and boost conversions with automated behavior based popups.

It has a free plan. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
aslm5
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hi @AiTrillion Thanks for the suggestion too. I had a look but unless I set it up wrongly, it doesn't do its job. I tried on my laptop and on my mobile. It has never worked despite I checked videos/tutos to make sure I did it right. I got a popup only once, when I returned to the browser where I left the page open but it didn't appear when I was leaving.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4167 244 733

Hello @aslm5, please email at support@aitrillion.com and the support team will fix it for you.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Williampat369
Explorer
112 2 5

A Shopify exit popup also called an exit-intent popup, is a technology that you can use to keep visitors from exiting your Shopify store. It is triggered when visitors motion to leave your website.

This motioning can take the form of moving their mouses to the browser’s address bar, clicking the back button on their keyboard, or scrolling up quickly on their mobile device. The exit-intent popup technology simply tracks the mouse movement.

Usually, you can customize the message, graphics, and overall element of your exit popups as you wish. An exit popup usually has a Call-to-Action  with an attached incentive which could be a discount or a special offer, with the intent of convincing a visitor not to leave a website.

You can also target a specific audience demographic with different popups, depending on what message you want to pass across to them.

The style of your popup can also vary depending on what appeals to your audience better.

Here are the best apps that can create discount related popups that you should use, free and paid, based on hundreds of recommendations. Here are the top three apps to use when adding this new feature to your ecommerce store.

1.Popper

It is a  pop-up app that allows Shopify merchants to collect emails and increase subscribers by 500% and sales by 35% instantly. The best part is its Free but still provides 11 different unique and stylish popup templates to chose from.

All pop-up templates  are customizable, and they can integrate with Klaviyo and Mailchimp. You can choose templates based on your store goals and objectives.

Popper can be used for a variety of purposes right from creating a mailing list, avoiding shopping cart abandonment, promoting discount codes & sales, subscribing to newsletters and many more.

2.Easy-pop

Easy-pop is an all-in-one tool to build and launch pop-ups specifically for Shopify stores. Their pop-ups allow Shopify merchants to collect marketing opt-ins and present discounts or offers on the pop-up. Powerful flexibility gives you the ability to create thousands of different campaigns, and target the pop-ups to appear at the right time to the right person. Give customers the content they need to hit that checkout.

3.Privy

Privy is one of the top email marketing popup apps to use on Shopify. The app is compelling and offers tons of functions. Using Privy you can build and display popups based on set parameters. While tailored towards email marketing, the app can be used for other engagement purposes. Privy can even be used to send customized emails to web site visitors. These emails can be used for abandoned carts, newsletters, or for sale information.

banned

jiten07
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Aslm5 Did you manage to achieve that? I need the same for my website.