Export Csv with files data

Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi Shopify gurus and Community, 

We have a customer that needs to upload a massive amount of images. Has several products and a lot of images to upload. 
We have a situation here, as we cannot find any feature or app to have a smooth process or be productive. 

We thought about uploading all images to shopify files. Each image with the SKU in its name, so that we can then identify it. 
However, there is no way to massively import the file links so that we can work then on a csv to match the url that shopify creates with the correspondent SKU (then import the csv to massive update in the product admin)

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-16 a la(s) 14.59.59.png

Is there any app or feature that could help us with this task?
Or any app that could help us doing a friendly massive image upload ?

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 353

@patobraintly wrote:

Hi Shopify gurus and Community, 

We have a customer that needs to upload a massive amount of images. Has several products and a lot of images to upload. 
We have a situation here, as we cannot find any feature or app to have a smooth process or be productive. 

We thought about uploading all images to shopify files. Each image with the SKU in its name, so that we can then identify it. 
However, there is no way to massively import the file links so that we can work then on a csv to match the url that shopify creates with the correspondent SKU (then import the csv to massive update in the product admin)

What are you trying to do that the product bulk import ,that uses CSV, can't handle?

Is the problem your image assets are not publicly accessible by a url and that's why your trying to use the admin-files to have an online url for each image to add to products?

Try making a publicly accessible folder on google drive, dropbox, box, etc that should give you a url( for the folder) , then you just append the image names to have full url for shopify to grab the image listed in the CSV

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi @PaulNewton thanks for the reply and advice

I´ll try that :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
273 22 42

Hey Team.

Also depending on file size, how many images, etc.  You can upload about 500 images at a time in the admin.  I do it all the time for Fixing CSVs.  Split them into folders of about 500 images.  Open one folder.  Hit the select all (ctrl+A on PC, Cmd+A on mac) and hit upload.  It will look like its not doing anything.  Just leave it there.  The little blue bar will slowly move.  And it will give you errors for any if can not upload for some reason.

Depending on how many we are talking about, etc.  Happy to help.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Hi Paul,

I have the same problem and your solution interests me, but i'm not quite following. We have about 3,000 products (grocery store) and 2 images per product. I've uploaded a sample of 60 items and then copy/pasted the URL Shopify provides in to the Bulk CSV product upload file to make the connection between the file name/location. This was not productive. 

How can I setup a "publicly accessible folder on google drive, dropbox, box, etc that should give you a url( for the folder) , then you just append the image names to have full url for shopify to grab the image listed in the CSV"

Appreciate your help.

0 Likes