Facebook Not Connecting

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

The Facebook shop keeps disconnecting from my shop. I have tried manually disconnecting it and reconnecting it several times and at first it looks like it has worked, then as soon as I click on 'publishing' or refresh the page it disconnects again.

This has been happening for the last 2 weeks- I think others have had this problem too so I would appreciate any help as it is hindering me from running ads and tagging products.

Thanks,

K

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

Hey, @mazeclothinguk!

Julie here from Shopify Support. 

Most commonly, the Facebook sales channel will disconnect when merchants have more than one Facebook business page on the same Business account and they are trying to connect multiple Facebook pages with Shopify. Is this the case for you? If so, you'll just need to log out completely from your first Shopify store, then log into your second Shopify store to connect the second Facebook page. 

If you don't have multiple Facebook pages or Shopify stores, then I can have our technical team take a look into this issue for you. Please let me know and I'd be happy to send an email to the same address on your Community Forums profile and have our technical team take a look. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue as well. I have tried everything mentioned in the forums but my shop will connect then two days disconnect.

This has been ongoing for over two months now and it's just annoying.

I am simply not getting anywhere with this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

Hi, @Simone_Aird!

I'm glad to hear that you've referred to our Community Forums for troubleshooting steps. Have you also reached out to our live support team about this? 

Since you've exhausted the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, it sounds like you may be stuck in a "disconnect loop", in which case our technical team can manually reset your Facebook Shop sales channel for you. I've just gone ahead and sent you an email at the email address associated with your Community Forums profile. Please feel free to respond directly to my email and we can proceed with next steps. 

Looking forward to your response! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I have I think set everything up correctly to push products to my facebook shop page.. but on Shopify admin the publishing option is not showing underneath the  Facebook App integration link... worked fine for messenger and shopify admin is showing that the correct FB business page is linked... I only have one FB business page.. please help. I am admin on my FB page and FB business page. Not sure if this matters but have also added the FB pixel to shopify and I have a FB business manager page. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

Hi, @eebellekitchen!

Since the Facebook Shop sales channel has since been replaced by the Facebook sales channel and is no longer available to install, it sounds like you had recently added the new Facebook sales channel. Is this the case?

The Facebook sales channel is fairly new and is intended to replace Facebook Shop. With the new sales channel, you'll be able to manage your Facebook Shop, Facebook Marketing, and Instagram all from within a single app. If this is the one you currently have installed, you should see these options while in the sales channel:

20-07-036tc-x3b35

You'll notice that the "Facebook Shops" section is "Coming Soon". Because this is a new sales channel, this feature is not yet launched. For the time being, you'll still be able to connect your account, but you won't be able to publish your products until the feature is fully rolled out. Once the Facebook Shops feature has been launched, you should see the "Coming Soon" message update in the sales channel. At that point, you should also see an option to connect your Instagram account as well, which will give you the ability to tag your products in Instagram posts.

It's also worth noting that the Facebook sales channel already supports Facebook Marketing. This means that you can now set up custom audiences and start creating Facebook ad campaigns directly through Shopify. While you wait for the Facebook Shops feature in the new Facebook sales channel to roll out, free to use this time to learn more about marketing on Facebook and the different types of ads you can create. 

I hope this clears things up! Have you already started marketing on Facebook? If so, what kind of ads have you created so far?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there a way for FB to reconnect the product tags on the back end once I delete the store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

Hi, @Paul47

To clarify, did you close your Shopify store? Once the store is closed, the Facebook Shop sales channel will disconnect and your products will no longer exist. This means there will be no product tags to connect to Facebook.

I hope that clears things up but if I've misunderstood your question, please let me know exactly what you're looking to accomplish and I'd be happy to offer further insight. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, we are having the same problem with Facebook reconnecting the whole time. I have disconnected it and re-connected it on Friday and it worked perfectly up until today. Please help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
691 51 154

Hi, @Alisca!

Thanks for joining the conversation. To clarify, are you referring to the Facebook sales channel or the Facebook Shop sales channel? 

The Facebook Shop sales channel has since been replaced by the Facebook sales channel and is no longer available to install. However, if you already have the Facebook Shop sales channel installed, you can continue using it. When you say it's not working, what exactly are you seeing? Are you seeing any error messages? If so, do you mind sharing a screenshot? 

Also, have you had a chance to install the new Facebook sales channel yet? If not, you can do so here. Unlike the original Facebook Shop sales channel, you'll now be able to manage your Facebook Shop, Facebook Marketing, and Instagram all from within a single app. Keep in mind that while this sales channel is now available to install, we are still working on rolling out the features to all merchants and it should be fully functional by the end of the month. 

If you can clarify which sales channel you are currently using and perhaps share some screenshots, that would really help! 

0 Likes