Facebook Sales Channel

Tourist
10 0 0

Hi, I've finally gotten my facebook page linked to my shopify store. I'd like my products to show in the shop section with photos, descriptions etc. and instead of a buy button in facebook I'd like the button to say "checkout on website". This has been done in a few other stores I've seen and mine actually did it for a few minutes, until I tried to "fix it" to show all of my products. Can someone please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
683 40 91

Hey, @hollyrentz !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and congratulations on syncing up your Facebook Sales channel. 

I'd love to help you in getting this fully set up on your store. With the Facebook sales channel, products are displayed in both your 'Shop tab' and also as 'Featured products'. Within the 'Shop tab' this will show your products and collections. Descriptions of products will be visible once you click into these individually. If this tab is not displaying correctly for you we do have some troubleshooting steps. Sometimes it can take Facebook 48 hours to review all of your details. If this time has passed, please then ensure the following:

That your Facebook template is set to "shopping"

• Log into Facebook and navigate to the Facebook page that you are an administrator for.
  • Click Settings.
  • Click Templates and Tabs - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click Edit.
  • Click View Details on Shopping and Apply Template.

14-10-h2087-5iums .               14-10-h2087-5iums

That you have enabled the "Shop" tab:

• Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
  • Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
  • Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.

14-10-th0et-p89w9

That the page is published on facebooks side. (Connection in the admin does not necessarily mean that it is published):

• Click Settings at the top of your Page.
  • From General, click Page Visibility.
  • Click the setting to Page published.
  • Click Save Changes.

14-11-jprvk-j8a1j

You will also need to ensure that there are no Country Restrictions or Age Restrictions, as this will prevent our systems from syncing. The Page should be visible to everyone, like so:

14-12-fnnq2-vylpd

From here, you can then make sure that all of your products/collections are set to visible on Facebook and without errors, before re-synching. 

Featured products are different in that they include 3 products which are shown to visitors to your Facebook page. This helps to offer them taste of what kind of products you are selling. As these are generated by Facebook based on what Facebook believes the your customer would like to buy, they cannot be adjusted by store owners at this time. 

Regarding the 'checkout on website' option, this is now a default feature for stores - we have more info on this here. If you are referring to the 'shop now' button however, I have a demo on how to adjust where this links to here

I do hope this helps to get everything up and running for you, though do please let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes