Facebook Shop Disconnecting

Solved
Tourist
4 0 0

So this morning I have a message stating my Facebook shop is not connected - When trying to reconnect is receive the below message:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
581 68 102

Hey, @Owen_Lawrence!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Facebook sales channel. I have seen this before and the steps below have helped. Firstly, can you ensure you clear your cache and cookies and ensure you are using Google Chrome before proceeding with these steps. Can you confirm with a screenshot that you are listed as the page admin within Facebook? Can you also try to connect using the Shopify mobile app and see if that works for you first? 

If that doesn’t work, I will need you to check whether Shopify has access to your pages in your Facebook Business Integrations. You can do this by clicking View and edit beside Shopify here

20-48-fpz13-l45by

If Shopify already has access to your pages, then please try the following steps:

1. Delete the Facebook Sales Channel.
  2. Remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations. Then log out of Facebook.
  3. Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect.

If the above steps do not work, please click Connect another page or Disconnect it and connect another page here:

20-50-new5t-devj6

Let me know how these steps go for you and hopefully they will fix the issue you are experiencing. Please get in touch if you have any other questions at all.

Thanks,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same disconnect problem. I have followed the steps described above but the problem keeps happening. Any advice?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have also tried following the same steps repeatedly and I'm still getting the following:

"To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one."

Shopify used to be able to connect with my Facebook page (which I do have, I'm the admin of, and Shopify does have access). I haven't made any changes aside from pausing my store for 1 day and then re-starting it... now it can't recognize my page for some reason (all my other integrations weren't affected).

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes