Facebook Shop not visible! Help please!

1 0 0

I have installed a Facebook shop for my Shopify store but every time I click the link to look at it on Facebook it's not there yet it shows me a preview on Shopify. There is no button for shop. My current button directs people to my store on Shopify but I want people to be able to shop while on Facebook too. My link is Facebook.com/MagikArtzKBM

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 0 9

Hi, Kaitlyn! 

Alicia here, from the Shopify Guru team!

Facebook integrations can take 24 hours to connect - though if it's been longer than that I definitely have some steps that can help! A couple things on the Shopify side of the integration worth checking into is to make sure that you have a Refund, Privacy, and TOS statements setup - to do that you can go to Settings > Checkout in your Shopify Admin. These statements are a requirement for a Facebook shop tab. 

Next, you'll just want to make sure that all of the collections that you want visible on Facebook are set to that visibility within Shopify. To do this you can simply go to your Collections in your Shopify Admin (Products > Collections) and on the right-hand side of the screen for every collection you can see which Sales Channels it is visible to. 

Another common problem is the template on Facebook may not have a shop tab. For example, the Business template does not, but the Shopping template does have a Shop tab. You can log into your Facebook page in order to make sure this is set up correctly! The steps for that are:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for

2. Click 'Settings'

3. Edit the Page:

4. If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit' 

5. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template' 

If your page's template is already set to 'Shopping' or if you do not see any template to change, another thing you can try is to manually add a Shop tab from the Edit Page section. To do that you will:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for.

2. Click 'Settings' 3. Click 'Edit Page' on the left-hand side

4. Select "Add Tab" at the bottom of the screen

5. Add the Shop tab manually.

This should get everything sorted out for you, Kaitlyn! Don't hesitate to reach back out to us via email at support@shopify.com if you have any further issues at all - we would be more than happy to help! 

Hoping you are well,

Alicia D. | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey,

I know this is an old post. I have the same issue. I have since added the above template and tab. However "Shop" is still not viewable on the public Facebook Page and when I click on it in admin view it says "Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify" I have gone into it on shopify and it is all selected as available. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1
I’ve have spent many hours trying to fix this. Not sure if it’s a Shopify or a Facebook problem but it would be nice if someone from Shopify would try to help. I have done every thing possible in the business settings of Facebook, new pixel, new catalog, new ad account, etc. something is seriously wrong here! I’m very frustrated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI. You're not alone.  I have been at it a few days with Shopify Support.  They had tech do something behind the scenes, then I was able to connect.  It went to the "Facebook is reviewing your shop" notice.  Then, after about 5 hours, it just said "Reconnect your page" and acted like I hadn't connected already.

I know that Facebook has to approve your shop.  I am not sure what is happening that's making it not get past that approval process but I'd love to know.  I'm going to try tackling Facebook support. If that works, will report back! 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

here's a work around...use it to make your own feed for Facebook catalog.  

Create an rss feed with a new page template called facebook-feed.  change your product.type(s)  to what you are selling and $googleprod with the appropriate google product category.  Then use Facebook business manager to create catalog.  Hopefully this will help someone.

{%- layout none -%}
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<rss version="2.0" 
     xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
  <channel> 
        <atom:link href="https://your website.com/pages/facebook-feed" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
      <title>{{shop.name | escape }} Products</title>
        <description>what ever you want here</description>
  {% paginate collections.all.products by 1000 %}
            {% for product in collections.all.products %}
                <!-- Item #{{ forloop.index }} -->
                <item>
                      {% if product.type == "Cabochon" %}
                  {% assign $googleprod = "Arts &amp; Entertainment > Hobbies &amp; Creative Arts > Arts &amp; Crafts > Art &amp; Crafting Materials > Embellishments &amp; Trims > Loose Stones" %}
        {% endif %} 
                    {% if product.type == "Bracelet" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Bracelets" %}
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Cufflink" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Cufflinks" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Clock" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Home &amp; Garden > Decor > Clocks > Desk &amp; Shelf Clocks" %}
          {% endif %} 
        {% if product.type == "Earrings" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Earring" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Pendant" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Charms &amp; Pendants" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Pendant with Necklace" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Charms &amp; Pendants" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Pin" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Brooches &amp; Lapel Pins" %}
                    {% endif %} 
        {% if product.type == "Ring" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Rings" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Slab" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Arts &amp; Entertainment > Hobbies &amp; Creative Arts > Arts &amp; Crafts > Art &amp; Crafting Materials > Embellishments &amp; Trims > Loose Stones" %}
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Stone Jewelry Sets" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Jewelry > Jewelry Sets" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Stone Knob" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Hardware > Hardware Accessories > Cabinet Hardware > Cabinet Knobs &amp; Handles" %} 
        {% endif %}   
        {% if product.type == "Tie Clip" %}
        {% assign $googleprod = "Apparel &amp; Accessories > Clothing Accessories > Tie Clips" %}   
        {% endif %}                    
                  <title><![CDATA[{{ product.title | strip_html | strip_newlines | escape | replace: 'amp;', 'and' | replace: '&#38;', 'and' | replace: "é", "e" | replace: "à ", "a" }}]]></title>
                    <g:brand>{{product.vendor | escape }}</g:brand>
                    <g:product_type>{{product.type | escape }}</g:product_type>
                  <g:id>{{product.variants.first.sku}}</g:id>
                    <g:availability>{% if product.available="yes %}in stock{% else %}out of stock{% endif %}</g:availability>
                    <g:inventory>{% if product.available="yes %}1{% else %}0{% endif %}</g:inventory>                 
                  <g:condition>New</g:condition>
                  <g:mpn>{{product.variants.first.sku}}</g:mpn>
                  <g:sku>{{product.variants.first.sku}}</g:sku>
                  <g:age_group>adult</g:age_group>
                  <g:color>stone</g:color>
                  <g:gender>unisex</g:gender>
                  <g:material>Stone</g:material>
                  <g:size>osfa</g:size>
                    <description><![CDATA[{{ product.description | strip_html | strip_newlines | replace: 'amp;', 'and' | replace: '&#38;', 'and' | replace: "..", ". " | replace: "  ", " " | replace: "‘", "&#39;" | replace: "’", "&#39;" | replace: "&#8216;", "&#39;" | replace: "&#8217;", "&#39;" | replace: "&#8217;", "&#39;" | replace: "’", "&#39;" | replace: "“", "&#39;" | replace: "‘", "&#39;"  | replace: "´", "&#39;" | replace: "“", "&#34;" | replace: "”", "&#34;" | replace: "&#8211;", "-" | replace: "–", "-" | replace: "—", "-" | replace: "–", "&mdash;" | replace: "—", "&mdash;" | replace: "%", "&#37;" | replace: "©", "&copy;" | replace: "®", "&reg;" | replace: "â„¢", "&trade;" | replace: "£", "&pound;" | replace: "ï¿­", "&#42;" | replace: "•", "&#42;" | replace: "”", "&#39;" | replace: "&#233;", "e" | replace: "é", "e" | replace: "à ", "a" | replace: "ó", "o" | replace: "ê", "e" | replace: "Ø", "O" | replace: "&#8482;", "" | replace: "&#174;", "" }}]]></description>
                    <link>{{shop.url}}{{product.url}}</link>
                    <guid>{{shop.url}}{{product.url}}</guid>
                    <g:price>{{product.price | money_without_currency}} USD</g:price>
                    <g:quantity>1</g:quantity>
                    <g:custom_product>true</g:custom_product>
                    <g:google_product_category>{{$googleprod}}</g:google_product_category>
<g:shipping_weight>{{product.variants.first.weight}} g</g:shipping_weight>
  <g:product_category>{{product.type | escape }}</g:product_category>
  <g:image_link>https:{{product.featured_image | product_img_url: 'large'}}</g:image_link>
                    <g:additional_image_link>https:{{product.images[1] | product_img_url: 'large'}},
                    https:{{product.images[2] | product_img_url: 'large'}},
                        https:{{product.images[3] | product_img_url: 'large'}},
                        https:{{product.images[4] | product_img_url: 'large'}}</g:additional_image_link>
      </item>
            {% endfor %}
        {% endpaginate %}
    </channel>
</rss>

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello guys.

I found the solution. It's really easy:

1. Go to your Facebook page.

2. Click on Setting.

3. Go to Templates and Tabs.

4. Under Section Template, Change Standard to Shopping.

Then, you can find your Shop section on your Facebook page. 

0 Likes