Facebook connecting account error message: Please approve all required permissions

Solved
Tourist
3 0 0

Good Morning

I am receiving the following error message when trying to connect my Facebook account: Please approve all required permissions. Does somebody have a solution for me here? Thanks a lot.

sign24AppsShopify.png

Regards.

Roger

0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 1

I've been getting this on both my stores now as well and can't seem to move forward with it. I've tried multiple browsers and computers but nothing seems to work

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

We are experiencing the same problem.  When I log in under another account with admin access, I am able to connect FB to Shopify, but then it automatically disconnects within a few minutes.  I have contacted Shopify but to no avail.  They say the error is on the FB side....any insights would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Success.

Tourist
3 1 1

I've been emailing tech support escalations for a day now and they don't know what the issue is from their end but I've managed to get mine working on both my stores (for the moment) by trial and error.

• Go here https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools and remove shopify from the list.
  • Remove the Facebook sales channel from both shopify stores.
  • Open up both shopify stores in separate browser windows and add facebook back as a sales channel in both.
  • Now, click on the connect facebook button on both stores so you get 2 popups to log in to facebook.
  • Select all pages that you manage on both pop-up windows
  • Follow it through so you have confirmed the links between facebook and shopify and the popup windows close
  • Now, on one store, go the dropdown of your facebook pages and confirm that page link.
  • Then, do the same on the other store in the other window
  • Both stores should now be linked to each facebook page. It worked for me

Sorry if it doesn't help

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1

Thanks so much for these thorough instructions!  Have a quick question though - got up to this point but need clarification on what you mean by this step:

• Now, on one store, go the dropdown of your facebook pages and confirm that page link.

Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Spoke too soon - I figured out what you meant.  Did it take 48 hours for the link to start working?  Not seeing anything change on our end yet...

0 Likes
Tourist
3 1 1

One of mine took a little while as there's 100+ products but the other was straight away as there's only 12

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you!  We have thousands so I think this will take a while, but it is now connected....(fingers crossed!)

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you, thank you and again, thank you! :-) Finally, my shop is being reviewed now and let's hope this works out.

Have a nice weekend.

Rog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi this is still not working for me, I have followed the steps in the solution but in step 3 when connecting again it still shows the pop up attached below.

These options are not clickable

Can any assist please?

Screenshot 2019-07-02 at 11.40.47.png

0 Likes