Facebook sales channel says "Facebook Refused to Connect"

Solved
2 0 1

Hello,

I am attempting to connect my store with my facebook page and keep getting into failure loops when trying to select to my page. I am connected to my personal account with no problem but when its when I try to select the page and accept the terms and conditions that I have trouble. Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 3.21.02 PM.png

Initially I was not even able to accept the terms and condition but would instead get into a loop that kept asking me to accept cookies and then would just pop up the same window I had open. I got around this by switching form Safari to chrome. 

Now that I am using chrome, I am able to get to the screen and actually accept the terms and conditions but when I get to the next screen I get a grey box that says "facebook refused to connect". I have tried incognito mode as well and this does not get around the issue. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 3.10.58 PM.pngAs far as i know, I have all of the required permissions and admin roles set up. The page is published and has the template set to "shopping". 

Please Help!!

~Angelou

1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 38 53

Hey, @ProudPapa!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Facebook sales channel and I appreciate you reaching out about this. I completely understand how important it is for your store's systems and channels to be consistent and reliable, however, it does look like there are some problems with Facebook at the moment. I can assure you we have all hands on deck working to fix this as quickly as possible and limit downtime as best we can but at this time we need to wait for the Facebook devs to get back to us with a fix. I have a few troubleshooting steps to go through that should help you out, some you may have done already but if you can send screenshots confirming everything then I can send it to our technical team to investigate further also.

Can you double-check your Facebook template is set to "Shopping", if it is set to anything else, it will not work. I know you said it is but if you could forward on the screenshot, please. Here's how you would find the section to check what page template is being used:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:

1. Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
2. Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
3. Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.
2019-07-3czzc-kx688

We also need to make sure the page is published (on facebooks side, the connection in the admin does not mean it is published):

To Publish Shop Page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page
2. From General, click Page Visibility
3. Click the setting to "Page published"
4. Click Save Changes

2019-07-5l3e2-sxjx9

One final thing that has helped is deleting the Facebook Sales Channel completely from Shopify. Then you can remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools). Then log out of Facebook.
08-59-lbwud-3t38l
Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect.

After all these settings have been configured, please log out and log back in using a chrome browser and let me know how you get on and if you see anything strange along the way, be sure to include all the screenshots of each step so I can clarify it has been done with the technical team! 
If this does not fix anything then please let me know and I will escalate your case to our technical team so they can continue to monitor the situation and the effect this has.

Speak soon!
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

LuLu, 

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I double checked and I had indeed completed all those steps. However although I had tried uninstalling the fabcebook sales ch on Shopify, I had not uninstalled from business integrations and went through the whole log-out process of both systems. THAT WORKED!!! I am now integrated. I will not bother you with the other screen shots since it is now working but here is a screen shot of the successful connection.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 9.43.55 AM.png

Thanks again,I have been trying for days to get this to work!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 38 53

Hi, @ProudPapa!

I am so glad to hear you got that sorted as I know it can be frustrating. If you ever need anything else at all, please don't hesitate to let me know!

All the best,

Lulu

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, I have the same problem. My store cannot connect for long, It will connect for few minutes but disconnect again. i have tried your method above but still the same. Help!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 38 53

Hi, @Jignette_Concha.

Sorry to hear you are also having trouble with the Facebook sales channel. I will need screenshots showing that you have completed all the steps and you are an admin, the template is set to Shopping etc and that way I can escalate this further to our technical team to monitor. Please follow all the above steps and send the screenshots so I can take a look for you.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
2 0 0

I've done the stated method above including shopify remove integration, deleting facebook channel and installing again but nothing works. I've sent you some of the screenshots. I need this fix asap pls. thanksScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 15.36.27.pngScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 15.37.33.pngScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 15.40.00.pngScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 15.32.45.pngScreenshot 2019-09-06 at 15.33.10.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 38 53

Hi, @Jignette_Concha.

Thank you for the screenshots. I completely understand how important it is for your store's systems and channels to be consistent and reliable, however, it does look like there are some problems with Facebook at the moment. I can assure you we have all hands on deck working to fix this as quickly as possible and limit downtime as best we can but at this time we need to wait for the Facebook devs to get back to us with a fix.

As none of the workarounds helped then I will escalate this to our technical team who are monitoring the situation and working with Facebook. Please note: we have no estimated time on when Facebook will resolve this issue, so I advise you to keep trying the workarounds as they have worked for most people. 

In order to escalate this, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that sent up to the technical team.

Kind regards,

Lulu

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Lulu,

I'm having a similar issue. 

My template is set to shopping and the shop is 'ON'.  The app 'facebook marketing' doesn't seem to 'connect to facebook' from within shopify, although Facebook channel is integrated and the collections are set up.

On facebook page, it shows manage your collections in shopify on the store tab. screenshot attached.Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 12.06.14.png

And my collections are all published, so they should display in the shop tab of facebook.

Can you please help?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JJSiempre.leather/shop/

How do I display my shop on facebook and how do I successfully connect my facebook for the facebook marketing app?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Maddi

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
301 38 53

Hello, @GM-Maddi!

Apologies for the delay, I was out of office the last few days. I had a look at that link you sent me and there is no 'shop' tab on your Facebook page at all. 2019-09-tmyjp-eo7v5

Can you double-check your Facebook template is set to "Shopping", if it is set to anything else, it will not work. Here's how you would find the section to check what page template is being used:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab correctly:

1. Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
2. Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
3. Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
4. You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.
2019-07-3czzc-kx688

Can you please send me screenshots exactly like these ones above so I can confirm all the settings are correct?

Speak soon,

Lulu

1 Like