Finding a good forum to add to my shopify HELP!

Duran-Morley
2 0 0

I am looking to add a modern forum to my website www.Thevanmart.com 

I have already seen the two apps Shopify has Muut and Champ and I do not like the styling. 

These forums will be used by customers to share projects they are working on or troubles they are running into and to communicate with other passionate people. They will be having a lot of pictures and most forums can be very long. Does anybody have any experience with trying a different forum?

0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1868 183 818

Hey!

Don't know about Champ, but muut can be custom styled if that's all that bothered you. Don't know about the Shopify integration and custom styling of muut, but something you may want to follow up with the vendor and ask. Then there's Discourse but unless you run it yourself it doesn't come exactly cheap as a service.

Best wishes!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack, Last Upsell post-purchase and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Duran-Morley
2 0 0

I heard a lot of bad things about Muut so that's why I shied away from it but I heard some good things about Discourse. Have you had any experience using any of these? thoughts?

0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1868 183 818

Not with muut. Discourse is fantastic and have used it before in a self-hosted corporate environment with rather large employee / user base. However, have not used Discourse together with Shopify and am not aware of any easy, ready to go, app that integrates both. Not to mention, it may run you quite a lot and shared authentication between your Shopify customer account and Discourse "customer accounts" via OAuth may be tricky. Unless you're willing to take on those challenges and costs, I'd not recommend venturing there and rather look for an alternative that's well integrated and proven by other Shopify merchants - even if the forum software itself may not be quite what you're looking for.

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack, Last Upsell post-purchase and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
KajMagnus
1 0 3

Hi Duran-Morley,

How do you want a forum + Shopify integration to work?

What benefits / features would you expect to find, from a forum that integrates with Shopify, versus forum software that doesn't?

Maybe Single Sign-On? (Your customers would automatically be logged in to the forum, so they wouldn't need to sign up a 2nd time to join the forum.)

Other things?

The reason I'm asking, is I'm developing forum software: https://www.talkyard.io  and I'm thinking about creating a Shopify integration. So I'm wondering what features / benefits you and others expect, from such an integration.

I am also looking for a forum for my site which is based on a large gaming community. I would be looking for the account integration so that users can use the same account from my shopify store. I would also like an ability to add a subdomain if that isn't already a thing.

There really is not a good choice of forum apps on the Shopify store but I did try your demo out and really enjoyed it.

0 Likes